LNO alt text on JustLinux logo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LNO alt text on JustLinux logo.

LNO alt text on JustLinux logo.

I thought I would point something out that I have noticed for a while. The alt text on the JustLinux logo at the top of every page with the exception of the main page still reads linuxnewbie.org. Not that this is a bad thing, but I'm not sure if anyone else had noticed.

Can we get this fixed?
    Check out my ebay auction for my signature space on JLC.

Hey if people can sell advertising space on thier bodies, I figure I can make $.02 on my signature space.

It fits my Firefox bookmark, which is still listed as linuxnewbie.org. Kind of nostalgic, isn't it!
    Slackware current (Dell Latitude D610)
    CentOS 5.2 (Servers)
    Registered Linux User # 375030

we've pointed it out already many times before but they never get around to fixing it.

You could just stop using Internet Explorer.

I don't see the alternate text with Mozilla or Firefox on my systems. Just with IE.
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

I thought I made a mistake once, but, of course, I was mistaken.

Originally posted by bs_texas
    You could just stop using Internet Explorer.

I don't see the alternate text with Mozilla or Firefox on my systems. Just with IE.
    In Firefox, right-click and choose Properties.
    CentOS 5.2 (Servers)

Oh, I saw it in properties. But, for some reason it doesn't show up with a mouse over in Mozilla or Firefox.

I guess it would be a good idea to fix it anyway, since we don't want any potential newbies on windows and IE who take a look at the site to become confused.
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

You're right, interesting...
    CentOS 5.2 (Servers)

And this is interesting. I have some photos on my personal site. If I mouse over them, I see the alternate text I programmed into the html. But if I click on the properties, it says:
    Alternate text: Missing.

Edit: Well, I guess Alternate text and the html tag, Title, are not the same animal.
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

Gee, didn't think this little observation would turn in to this big of a conversation.

FYI I do see it as LNO on Mozilla on my Slack box at home.

Forced to use IE (internet excrement) at work. Man it sucks to not have tabbed browsing.

Hey if people can sell advertising space on thier bodies, I figure I can make $.02 on my signature space.

How are you forced to use IE? Are you not allowed to install apps on the work PC?

If that is the case, check out Portabel Firefox & T-Bird.
    CentOS 5.2 (Servers)

Yeah, I agree that seeing the linuxnewbie.org popup as the alt text does bring back memories. Way back when I just started with Linux and was debating on whether or not to even register to post on here. I still like the old name better, but that's a whole nother discussion.
    "After all you've seen, after all the evidence, why can't you believe?"

IBM Thinkpad T21
    750 Mhz P3, 128 MB PC100 RAM, CD-ROM, 10 GB IDE HDD
    Ubuntu 9.04 Minimal

psych-major,

I can install things on my work pc. I am one of the few power users allowed to do so by my IT folks.

Mozilla used to work, however the firewall that controls access to the rest of the world will not allow mozilla out now. So I am stuck with IE. It's not a big enough thing for me to worry about, but I just wonder why they continue to push IE as the default after all the faults that have been found.

I'll only worry about it when I get my second 21'' monitor. I'd hate to be doing a seach and have 10-20 browser windows open then. Talk about getting lost on the desktop. LOL

That's funny, I got into using Firefox back when it was still Phoenix, or whatever it used to be called, because my employer was actually looking for an IE replacement. We tested several browsers and I liked Firefox so much that I kept using it.

How do they block non-IE browsers at the firewall, since they would all use port 80. Are they locking it down by application?
    CentOS 5.2 (Servers)

I think they are locking it down by application. I can launch it, but get no where out side of out intranet.

I'm not worried about it too much yet. I've had other priorties to worry about.

I know what you mean. I think you there is a way to make the default browser ID itself as something else, like say IE, but I've never had to play around with it.
    CentOS 5.2 (Servers)