Debian keyboard and mouse stopped working after shutdown

Thread: Debian keyboard and mouse stopped working after shutdown

Debian keyboard and mouse stopped working after shutdown

Debian Unstable 2.6.12.2 kernel

I shutdown my machine last night and now the keyboard and mouse do not work when I boot it back up, in Debian only, Windows works, so does boot onto a LiveCD. There were no problems using the mouse/keyboard the night before, and there are no errors, that I can see in

/var/log/messages X
    /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    /var/log/gdm
    /var/log/dmesg
    ~/.xsession-errors

I am connecting to the machine using a Cybex 4 port switch, however plugging a keyboard and mouse directly into the machine doesn't work either. Arch 0.7 had the same problem too.

I've googled around but could only find hits to do with keyboard/mouses not working from the start, where mine did.

Has anyone got any suggestions/links/google search words
    If you have to ask why you want to install Linux, then perhaps you shouldn't.
    -- Michael D. Watts (Gone but never forgotten)

Linux is not Windows | Posting Guidelines

Code Monkey (YouTube)

I would imagine that it has something to do with needed modules for your keyboard and mouse not being loaded. I remember this being common with usb versions, but I'm not sure of the package names (or module names)
    irc.freenode.net #justlinux The Not So Official JL IRC Channel.
    ¤ Debian ¤ Apt-Get ¤

Well its a PS/2 mouse and keyboard, what could I have messed up in my kernel config?

Code Monkey (YouTube)

Just incase I messed something up I decided to do a fresh install of Debian on a spare partition.

Using my woody disc's to do the install and changing to unstable after adding ftp.uk.debian.org to my /etc/apt/source.list. Then I compile 2.6.11.9, I'll attach the config, reboot on to Knoppix 3.9, becuase I use SATA disks I need to edit /etc/fstab and /etc/lilo.conf. Reboot again into Debian and the keyboards dead, which is really starting to annoy me

I can't see anything wrong in any of these files:

/var/log/dmesg
    /var/log/kern.log
    /var/log/messages

It's not a X problem, because its not even installed. The keyboard works fine in Windows XP, Knoppix 3.9, the Debian installer, and the default install of Debian, I went for a 2.4 kernel during the install.

Could it be the kernel? Conflicting options?

Anyway I've searched and still can't find whats wrong, but its back to google anyway

If theres any suggestions I'd love to hear them, I can't stand using XP at the moment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Code Monkey (YouTube)

*bump*

I've just done a stage 2 Gentoo install on this machine, the keyboard and mouse are working at the moment. Though I have had a few little problems, with the mouse stopping and the keyboard not working. However a reboot sorted these out, it looks like Linux doesn't like this KVM. But then again I'm using it at the moment

Code Monkey (YouTube)