Main "Hating Microsoft in a nutshell" thread - Page 18

View Poll Results: Do you think making Linux and MS interactable (kinda) a good idea?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is a great idea

3 27.27%
  • Yes, it's an ok idea

1 9.09%
  • It wouldn't hurt

3 27.27%
  • No, Linux should stick to Linux and Microsoft should stick to Microsoft

4 36.36%
  • Or just use CrossOver Office

0 0%
Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Main "Hating Microsoft in a nutshell" thread

did u guys see what that evil manager from M$ said on that guy's blog:

"Good. That means that as it's your site on your own server, you have the right to say anything you want. Unfortunately, Microsoft has the right to decide that because of what you said, you're no longer welcome on the Microsoft campus."

jeez... even micro$oft wants to interfere their employee' personal life - the blog for instance, and it's on his own machine, own blog site,... omg... how can the M$ have the right to decide **** like this.., i feel sympathetic for this dude got fired just for that.

From what I gathered, it's not about the equipment being delivered there, but because he said he worked in the MSCopy department and stated where it was. They're claiming it was a security breach, but it's probably his posting that started the ball rolling.

Since he's agency, he can be dismissed instantly without any notice or reason. Simply "your services are no longer required".

James
    -----------------------------
    UseLinux.net

perl -e 'use Math::Complex;$|=1;for$r(0..24){for$c (0..79){$C=cplx(($c/20.0)-3.0,-($r/12.0)+1.0);$Z= cplx(0,0);for($i=0;($i<80)&&(abs($Z)<2.0);$i++){$Z =$Z*$Z+$C;}print$i>=80?"*":" ";}print"\n";}'

Read this a bit ago. They're f-ing jerks. Every comany under the sun shows *some* compassion towards their employees.

Getting sacked seriously affects one's employability.
    Registered Linux User 299431
    Learning.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the way he's been treated, but from the way the article was written, it seems like he wasn't there very long (forgive me if I've missed something).

As we all know, you don't try anything "smart" until you're at least established with a company.

On one hand, I feel sorry for the guy. Ethics & protocols aside, MS were extremely heavy-handed in their dealing with the situation. On the other, I think he's better off not working for a <<Insert adjectives here>> company.

At least his agency is sympathetic and are helping him.

I just hope he gets a new job soon and doesn't look back. It's their loss, not his.

James
    UseLinux.net

perl -e 'use Math::Complex;$|=1;for$r(0..24){for$c (0..79){$C=cplx(($c/20.0)-3.0,-($r/12.0)+1.0);$Z= cplx(0,0);for($i=0;($i<80)&&(abs($Z)<2.0);$i++){$Z =$Z*$Z+$C;}print$i>=80?"*":" ";}print"\n";}'

For all we know, the guy could have been a shiat employee.

This could have been the last straw.
    "If I were fat, I'd be jolly... but I'm not, so piss off!"

Registered Linux User #310657

Ever wish you could bash Microsoft, in person?

Attend a MS Seminar, Free of Charge!
    http://www.desktopdeployments.com/pa...ventsearch.asp

P.S.
    This is a completely legitamate link. It was achieved by following an advertisment link from this site(justlinux.com). Any individual that attends a microsoft seminar is choosing to do so at their own free will. I am not responsible for what any individual does, or does not do at one of these seminars. I am not affilliated with justlinux or microsoft.

Microsoft and their "freeware" hypocrisy

I find it interesting that MS says people should pay for software. Software can't be free, IP needs to be defended, and for that matter an industry, as long as it's convenient for them.

Yet why did everyone forget back when Netscape said people should be charged for a browser, yet Microsoft said browsers should be free????

I just find that ironic, and happened to notice no one has made that point recently.

The same thing MS did to Netscape is happening to them, the only way MS has to compete with Linux is to substantially reduce their price (er, like down to FREE) and charge for service updates and tech support.

That, or just do something on the server that doesn't suck.
    Specs:
    Dually Opteron 246's
    1GB DDRDRAM (400)
    OS - Gentoo 1.4 KDE 2.6 test9 64-bit kernel
    games - UT2k3, Q3A, SSE/2, RtCw,UT, Tribes 2, Homeworld - natively

Under Wine - HalfLife, Homeworld Cataclysm, Max Payne

Registered user 292384

Microsoft Windows stinks! Linux rocks!...Linux 4 life!

...there, I needed to get that out of me

Re: Microsoft and their "freeware" hypocrisy

Originally posted by DFo3D
    Yet why did everyone forget back when Netscape said people should be charged for a browser, yet Microsoft said browsers should be free????
    Microsoft never said Browsers should be free, they just packaged theirs as par tof the OS. And Netscape was available as a free download anyway, not to mention most OEM bundled it as well. At anyrate, I've never paid for any browser.

Re: a guy got fired by Micro$oft

Originally posted by chesskidd
    a guy got fired by micro$oft because he posted a photo of MAC G5 being delivered to M$ building.
    chesskid-

Let me help you out a bit here. You can't work for a company and take pictures of thousands of dollars worth of IT equipment and then post it on the web, where everyone can find it.

"Hey everyone, I work at the MSCopy store and we have $50,000 worth of macs just sitting in a truck behind our building"

It's called a non-disclosure act, and employees need to follow it, period, or they are gone.

This guy didn't even work for Microsoft, he worked for a local tempagency so it's hardly a big deal.

Microsoft did the responsible thing here, no one should put up with this kind of crap at any company. Would anyone here appreciate it if someone took images of your open mailbox everyday and posted it online?

Proffy

Originally posted by Seph64
    I do not understand why they would fire him for that, they are not planning to build a version of Windows for the Mac platform are they?
    Microsoft has released several versions of their OS for PPC before, so even if this were true it wouldn't be a big deal

Why would they try to hide the fact that they bought some Macs?
    They aren't. MS has lot's of them. How else would they create IE for the mac? Office X for the Mac, Remote Desktop? etc...

Proffy,

Actually, they didn't just bundle it with their OS. They encouraged people to put up buttons saying "Download for Free"

Then, they did it for the Mac too, "Now for the Mac, for FREE"
    Specs:
    Dually Opteron 246's
    1GB DDRDRAM (400)
    OS - Gentoo 1.4 KDE 2.6 test9 64-bit kernel
    games - UT2k3, Q3A, SSE/2, RtCw,UT, Tribes 2, Homeworld - natively

Under Wine - HalfLife, Homeworld Cataclysm, Max Payne

Registered user 292384

Originally posted by proffy
    Microsoft has released several versions of their OS for PPC before...
    "Several versions"? Um- no, they haven't. They dabbled with the concept, but AFAIK there was never a commercial Mac release of any Windows OS. MS applications, of course- but the actual OS, not to my knowledge.

Originally posted by DFo3D
    Proffy,

Actually, they didn't just bundle it with their OS. They encouraged people to put up buttons saying "Download for Free"

Then, they did it for the Mac too, "Now for the Mac, for FREE"
    Yeah, what's wrong with that? You could get Netscape for free as well.

The whole IE Netscape thing is getting pretty old by now, that was over 5 years ago, an enternity in the IT industry.

Originally posted by DMR
    "Several versions"? Um- no, they haven't. They dabbled with the concept, but AFAIK there was never a commercial Mac release of any Windows OS. MS applications, of course- but the actual OS, not to my knowledge.
    Actually, I think you may be correct, they never did release a PPC version, although they always played around with builds for it. Who can blame them.