Xterm Logging - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xterm Logging

upgrade from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core 4 available here.

after RedHat 9, RedHat stopped development on their user version of linux, prefering to focus on the Enterprise stuff. They merged what they had of their free distribution with the Fedora Project, and is much improved over RedHat.

Download and install that (i doubt that you can upgrade from RH9, but you can look into it.)

This will install a recent version of X.Org complete with XTerm. Enjoy.
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux

Anyway I can get only that X upgrade?
    I dont have the FC 4 CD's right now.
    The Problem is Choice.

you can google for X upgrades for RedHat 9.. http://www.x.org might have RPMS... you'd have to check. you may be able to get a newer version of xterm from XFree86 to run, or they might disribute RPMS for RH9. no guarantees though. I wouldnt just go get RPMS for Fedora, becuase there may be a few things incompatibile (also why i recommend a stright update ro FC4, i dont know what else would need to be updated to let a new verison of X run.)

Anyway, good luck, let us know if it works
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux

Err, anything coming from x.org directly won't have that option in the xterm menu either. (I'm using X.org 6.8.2 at least (compiled from source, no patches), and it's not there. Maybe they added it in a later version, if there is any later version available. Cygwin appears to be using a version that's based on 6.8.2 (just with patches).)

What I'm saying is that you'll have to figure out where Cygwin is getting their version from, and either compile xterm out of those patched sources, or try to find an RPM version of it. Fedora would probably be your best bet, since Cygwin appears to use a lot of Red Hat/Fedora patchsets (although that's a guess).