'remember me' box checked by default - got to be wrong? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'remember me' box checked by default - got to be wrong?

We can't limit the height of sigs, per se, just the character total.

edit: well actually we can, it's just not a setting in vbulletin. I can add a max height to them via css. It wouldn't work in IE, but none of you are using IE since it's doesn't port to linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepero
    "Ask and ye shall recieve!"
    I was browsing the forums when i noticed that it had happened, and i started laughing.

my friend asked what was so funny, so I explained it to him, and he also found it funny.
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc

edit: well actually we can, it's just not a setting in vbulletin. I can add a max height to them via css. It wouldn't work in IE, but none of you are using IE since it's doesn't port to linux.
    Exploder can be run under wine!

Knute

You live, you die, enjoy the interval!

Ok, then we're back to "it can't be done" lol , sorry

I'm not quite familiar with vbulletin. Are you not able to modify its sources so that it won't save if over 6 new lines are given? Is it even OSS?

Well I don't even have access to the raw php files, so the only option really is to limit display via CSS. As I said, IE doesn't understand min/max values in css, but I doubt a significant amount of you here are using IE on linux. For the few that are, well they'd be no worse off than they are now.

Of course there is a simpler option. I and the mod crew can PM users with very long sigs asking that they be spread out to take up more width and less height.

Well I don't even have access to the raw php files, so the only option really is to limit display via CSS. As I said, IE doesn't understand min/max values in css, but I doubt a significant amount of you here are using IE on linux. For the few that are, well they'd be no worse off than they are now.

Of course there is a simpler option. I and the mod crew can PM users with very long sigs asking that they be spread out to take up more width and less height.
    that'd be good.

Why don't you have access to the PHP files?
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux

Uh, I have a prison record? Nah, it's just because I'm in charge of the front end, and we have back end folks who handle that. PHP isn't among the languages I studied, although I've learned a fair amount just being on this job.

In theory, we could create a css script ourselves and put it in our Firefox>chrome/userContent.css. Unfortunately, I don't support that though, because it's basically just a "cover-up" option and doesn't take care of the real issue. Are you able to send a request to the "back end folks"?

Well no, you can't. The element in question isn't assigned a class or id so you'd have no way in css to reference just that single element.

It's checked by default again - c'mon what's the real reason you want to do this?
    MI6, Offensive Information, Hackers, Encryption, UFO, AOL, Infowar, Bubba, benelux, Ufologico Nazionale, domestic disruption, 15kg, DUVDEVAN, debugging, Bluebird, Ionosphere, Keyhole, NABS, Kilderkin, Artichoke, Badger, spookwords, EuroFed, SP4, Crypto AG – a few, alleged, Echelon keywords. Please add some to your email signature. Full list: http://www.serendipity.li/cia/bz1.html
    http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/

It's the randomizer that was put into your profile just to mess wit ya'!

Really dude, why is that such an issue? I PREFER to keep that login, and have my browser remeber the password.
    Maybe there's a user CP option that controlls that behavior?
    I know that in the old forums there was such an option.
    Knute

You live, you die, enjoy the interval!

It's not checked by default. If you dump all cookies and offline content, you'll see it's unchecked. Or an easier way is open it in a browser you haven't used to visit the site.

I viewed it in Konqueror, and JPnyc appears to be correct. OTOH(on the other hand), I think I remember once I saw it checked when it shouldn't have been. This was AFTER JPnyc said it was turned off. I didn't pay much attention to it, so it may have been a problem with my browser or a bug in the bulletin software. I dunno.

It's not checked by default. If you dump all cookies and offline content, you'll see it's unchecked. Or an easier way is open it in a browser you haven't used to visit the site.
    Ooop, sorry! It was checked when I just pressed the quote button; must be a cookie or something.
    MI6, Offensive Information, Hackers, Encryption, UFO, AOL, Infowar, Bubba, benelux, Ufologico Nazionale, domestic disruption, 15kg, DUVDEVAN, debugging, Bluebird, Ionosphere, Keyhole, NABS, Kilderkin, Artichoke, Badger, spookwords, EuroFed, SP4, Crypto AG – a few, alleged, Echelon keywords. Please add some to your email signature. Full list: http://www.serendipity.li/cia/bz1.html
    http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/