GD and PHP4.3.6

Thread: GD and PHP4.3.6

Exclamation GD and PHP4.3.6

Hi can anyone tell me what I need to do to get GD going. I dont want to lose any of my PHP settings.

Distr. SUSE9

The install was originaly done by another person who left. The PHP have aditions like "my admin" also running apache2.

That is why I dont want to loose my PHP configuration
    Last edited by mariusd; 11-09-2005 at 04:06 AM.

more information would be helpful, like distrobution and what you have done so far

simplest answer right now would be to recompile php with GD support

You can run
    Code:
    php -i
    or use phpinfo() to find out the option used for ./configure and then re-configure php using that option plus the "--with-gd"

Exclamation If i re-configure

Hi but if I do the reconfigure.

1.) Would I have to use the full reconfigure command with all its previouse settings.

2.)Or can I just run the re-conf command with the --with-gd part without changing any of the other prviouse settings

yes, you could run configure without any of the previous options, but this may break any applications that have options that are depended on. its a very trivial process to recompile with the other options as well, since i doubt there are many, php -i will tell you what options your current install has, when you recompile you want to keep those options, but add GD support as well, rather than removing those options and only adding GD

trying to save your 3-4 recompiles before you get it right

if your really worried about losing anything besure to back up

If you don't want to lose the existing php settings, you must run ./configure with all the options used at first time as shown from "php -i" plus the "--with-gd" option. I.e.
    Code:
    ./configure --with-old-option1 --with-old-option2 ...--with-old-optionX --with-gd
    Also consider updating php to the latest version since there are known vulnerabilities in the version you use now.