How to go back to xwindows startup

Thread: How to go back to xwindows startup

How to go back to xwindows startup

Hello,

I run Kubuntu 5.10 Breezy. have been trying to get video card drivers so I installed drm-trunk-module-src_2005.04.21-1_all.deb, xlibmesa-gl1-dri-trunk_2005.04.21-1_i386.deb and xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk_2005.04.21-1_i386.deb. Initially my system was fine when I installed them. When I restarted my machine, my machine started up again in konsole without the xwindows windowing system. I removed all the above listed programs using dpkg. I cannot use the startx command to start xwindows and I would love to go back to the default kubuntu setup where you start up with a pretty login window, etc. Any pointers?

sudo /etc/init.d/kdm start

Pls post your error message...TIPS--> Also before making any change to xorg.conf you should always make a backup of it so you can return to a working config with cp /home/user/backup/xorf.conf /etc/X11 it saved myself a few reinstall and generaly permit me to find the xserver proper config.

Linux Counter

Debian "Lenny"
    Mandriva 2010.2

"Where am I?" "In the Village." "What do you want?" "Information.""Whose side are you on?" "That would be telling.... We want information. Information! INFORMATION!"