Outlook replacement

Thread: Outlook replacement

Outlook replacement

What is the best Linux-based replacement for Microsoft Outlook?

Please do not post opinion-related questions in the help forums. The /dev/random forum is for this type of question, the Software forum is for technical help only.

<moved to /dev/random>

To answer your question, there is only one drop-in replacement for Outlook that runs on *nix and that is "Evolution".

A quick search would show that Evolution is the closest thing to MS Outlook for Linux.

Added to which Ximian have also created Ximian Connector, which allows you to connect Evolution to M$ Exchange, if you need to.
    The Geeks shall inherit the Earth.

i would suggest thunderbird

Thunderbird is nice but not even close to being an MS Outlook replacement, more of an Outlook Express replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus
    Thunderbird is nice but not even close to being an MS Outlook replacement, more of an Outlook Express replacement
    Which is far enough for my case. The sole reason to use Outlook/Evolution is in connection with an electronic agenda. However, I sync my palm directly with KDE so my private data is directly embedded into my system. Too bad I don't like KMail at all.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Assuming that you need to connect to an Exchange server, you can try connecting an imap/pop email client to your exchange server.

Check out the following link:
    Connecting POP and IMAP To Exchange

If you're successful, you can use Thunderbird or any other wonderful client. It didn't work for me because we supposedly have firewall settings that are too aggresive. You might have to talk to your Exchange admin.