Gov Agency to report phishing/sites ips?

Thread: Gov Agency to report phishing/sites ips?

Gov Agency to report phishing/sites ips?

I am looking for a Gov site to report ips of phishing/illegal stuff and such, basiacally I am fed up with these stupid phishing emails about my ebay account and I have already contacted the soc http://www.us-cert.gov and have an incedent with them, but it would be nice to have the ip blacklisted. the ip I am getting from these schemes is WARNING this link may lead to undesired results...Please unless you can do somthing or do care, do not click it (Although I have and nothing happend this is just my legal discalmer ) http://202.197.187.213/ ... to prove my phishsing problem here is another link this time as last clicking is at your own risk http://202.197.187.213/www.ebay.com/index.php masked as http://signin.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll...ame=h:h:sin:US

So if anyone has any expirence in dealing with this in a way that actually stops it, fixing the problem that would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot

Well, I don't know of any. Not that I've looked.

Otoh. I use clamav which does a good job of detecting phishing type emails. I have a kmail filter that moves them into another folder so I can look at them. Then using a spamassassin filter, click on the kmail icon for that which marks it as spam and moves it into another folder that I use to run razor-report on.

It's not the cleanest procedure but it works.

i always enjoy those-spend some time (like 10 min) and fill in a bunch of bs stuff. Though i think itd be cool to write a script to do it for me. So that the phisher would have so many bs entries as to throw the list out
    Somethings are but lost
    to the times of ones conscience

Til our paths cross again.

Interesting idea to pollute their lists. It would serve them right IMO. Though clueless how to go about that.

Overload their servers with faulty info is a great idea just for the heck of it.
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot

Quote Originally Posted by thaddaeus
    Overload their servers with faulty info is a great idea just for the heck of it.
    Am I the only one who believes it may not be in your best interest to mess with a phisher?
    eskiled is Against-TCPA

please... unless you need technical help, post in /dev/random. the named forums are for technical help only, not for political/opinion posts.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by eskiled
    Am I the only one who believes it may not be in your best interest to mess with a phisher?
    What are they going to do? Write you up for fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron
    What are they going to do? Write you up for fraud?
    Hehe duh why wouldn't they ?! I was just thinking I wouldn't want someone who practices phishing to get pissed at me, if they were really motivated, they could eventually compromise your system (I don't care what people say, no system is completely secure).
    eskiled is Against-TCPA

I'm not sure it's the phishers you need to worry about. A lot of them don't seem too technically handy, but they can vaguely copy a major website's layout and register an address that looks similar. TBH I doubt that anyone who could compromise your system would waste their time phishing, but then I don't know many phishers so maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by StarKnight83
    i always enjoy those-spend some time (like 10 min) and fill in a bunch of bs stuff. Though i think itd be cool to write a script to do it for me. So that the phisher would have so many bs entries as to throw the list out
    It would have to be a script/macro. Just grab some automation software. It would probably be pretty easy to setup. The only problem is that these sites usually are only up a few days.

There's a Firefox extension that blocks phishing sites. I haven't tried it though.