How to find version of qt with which the kdelibs has been compiled with ?

Thread: How to find version of qt with which the kdelibs has been compiled with ?

How to find version of qt with which the kdelibs has been compiled with ?

Guess the title is sufficient
    but I am trying to compile k3b, it required qt which i downloaded qt-3.3.5 and installed it.
    Then k3b configuration complains that the qt version is not the same as what kdelibs were compiled with.
    So how can I find out which qt was used to compile kdelibs ?

thanks

Which distro? You should be able to check which version is installed and that will be the one you need. There's probably a devel package (ie qt-devel) that you can install to get the same version of the source as KDE was compiled against.

However, are you sure your distro doesn't include k3b already? They pretty much all do these days and installing it using the appropriate package manager would be better than compiling from source unless you have a good reason.

Thanks for the reply.
    It's a Redhat distro with kde 3.1-13
    I am not sure which redhat it is (guess 8.0).
    It has k3b but its version is old and it doesn't recognize data dvd burning capability of my device. and that's why I wanted to install an uptodate version of it.

thanks in advance

your package manager will list the versions of all packages installed on your system.

"rpm -qa | grep qt" from the command line will tell you what version of the qt packages you have installed. You should be able to use Red Hat's software installation tool (whatever it is) to install qt-devel if you don't have it and then you should be fine.

However, there's a lot more that goes into burning a DVD than just updating K3b. You're going to need dvd+rw-tools and growisofs (maybe those are in the same package, I'm not sure) and possibly some other software. If you already have them then that's fine just be aware that upgrading K3b will not itself give you dvd burning.

There's always the option to install a newer version of your distro too. KDE 3.1 is at least a couple of years old now, so your distro is probably almost that old as well. A newer version would probably have dvd burning capability built in.

thanks guys.

I have the dvd+rw-tools package and even used it to burn one dvd through the command line, but the md5 of archive file from burnt dvd and original one wasn't the same, so I thought maybe k3b can do it right for me

I have inherited! this linux box from a guy who has heavily customized it so it does some specific stuff, and I really don't have the time to upgrade/update it to a newer one, guess that's sign of laziness
    I appreciate your help again
    Last edited by listboss; 12-19-2005 at 02:02 PM.