Computer S Question

Thread: Computer S Question

Computer S Question

I was thinking going back to school going for my Computer S.Has anyone take the perl scripting class?What are the best programming to take?I hear perl was a good programming class to take.

"The" perl scripting class... classes are going to vary entirely depending on what country you are in, and what University / College you are planning on going to. So, unless someone on here has taken it where you are planning on taking it, the curriculum will not be the same.

PS: There is no such thing as "best" -- totally opinion based. Research what various languages do and then take the ones that seem to fit in with what you would like to do.

I find beanie a lot more fun than perl. Though the syntax is a lot more random and you can really do anything else than pollute the cyberspace with it. School is fun too; they teach you how to read and write there.
    Running:
    Pentium D 3GHz Dual Core - 2GB - Ubuntu 9.04
    PIII 850MHz - 256MB - Ubuntu 8.04 Server
    Registered Linux user number 312827

Hay1,

I was thinking about takeing the Object-oriented programming class not sure yet.

With the way some languages (php, java that I know of) use oop, and from what I've heard from other programmers that oop is comming in strong. It does make some programs easier to manage and develop, but honestly I despise java, and don't usually use oop in php. But if I ever wanted or needed to, I know how which could be useful if a client ever wanted to use oop specifically on a project (i do some web dev).

It really depends what you want to do with your cs knowledge, or what you need to do, and can yo learn just by reading. If you know one language chances are you can pick up a second one pretty quickly as they all tend to follow most of the same guidlines but syntacticly may not be the same.
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot