Upload from LP(turntable)

Thread: Upload from LP(turntable)

Question Upload from LP(turntable)

I`m sorry may is not the right thread,but I try.

I`m using Suse 10.0 OSS and I there a software burner on suse that I can upload to Suse and may I have to convert to MP3 or others file is there one?

STUTTGART

I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll try to answer what I think you're asking.
    If you want to upload songs from your turntable to SuSE then you should use Audacity. I use this to upload my cassette tapes and then convert them to mp3 using the same software. Make sure you have lame installed so you can make your conversions to mp3.

Peace V
    Last edited by cuiq; 12-30-2005 at 08:55 AM.
    Does God Love everyone? What makes you so sure?

Quote Originally Posted by cuiq
    I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll try to answer what I think you're asking.
    If you want to upload songs from your turntable to SuSE then you should use Audacity. I use this to upload my cassette tapes and then convert them to mp3 using the same software. Make sure you have lame installed so you can make your conversions to mp3.

Peace V
    Where can I get lame to upload?

Hmm..you can probably get "lame" by using the SuSE Package Manager System or something.. I don't know very well SuSE.
    djserz.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won't save you from yourself..."

that or google. www.google.com/linux then put in lame and you will get hits/links.

As a note. If you havent done this before make sure you know what you are doing. Turntables (espcially older ones) dont output line level. If your turntable has a built-in or external preamp, you might fry your soundcard.

soule
    Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others. - Edward Abbey

IRC #linuxn00b

Support your Distro.
    Slackware Store
    Archlinux Schwag

Quote Originally Posted by soulestream
    As a note. If you havent done this before make sure you know what you are doing. Turntables (espcially older ones) dont output line level. If your turntable has a built-in or external preamp, you might fry your soundcard.

soule
    Yes I done it with XP PRO it works very well so I will have no problem with suse.
    The problem is to install lame from www.freshmeat.net.