Hello, again, 'saikee'.
Quote Originally Posted by saikee
My face turns red when reading your compliements.
At least red is a natural color (unlike some others), indicating that you are modest, although you have obviously learned a great deal about Linux and are generous enough to share your knowledge with us, 'saikee'.

I benefit a great deal from reading the JustLinux posts and comments from the moderators.

I see this thread, an indeed myself, as an end product of the effort from various forum members/moderators in helping me to understand Linux since I joined as a newbie.
I feel the same way about my experience in the JustLinux forums, 'saikee'.

I remember one of the earliest threads that I started, soon after I'd installed Linux (SuSE Linux Professional 8.0). I wanted to download and compile the source of the program (the name of which escapes my feeble mind right now) that SuSE (long before Novell's acquisition) used to generate all of the amazing graphics on its retail boxes for SuSE Linux Professional and SuSE Linux Personal. The project's page on SourceForge.net indicated that it apparently had been dormant for two years.

After the exchanging of many messages (beyond the patience of most mortals), a very kind woman provided me with step-by-step instructions for retrieving the latest version of the source code from CVS, which I had never used before, and -- after retrieving the source and compiling the program -- I was soon generating some amazing graphics from the program's command-line switches.

I will have to try to find that thread. The woman who helped me patiently held my hand over the course of a few days, even retrieving and compiling the source herself to ensure that I (a total stranger) would have no problems.

I cut my teeth here and am pretty pround of it. I carry this thread (and some other JL threads) as signature in other forums too.
I, too, 'saikee', "cut my teeth here," and I continue to benefit from JustLinux. I do my best to offer help when I feel qualified, because I see JustLinux not only as a source of help, but as an international community -- and I feel that it is my duty to try to contribute to this community, which has done so much for me.

I have been using Linux for over four years now, but I consider myself a neophyte/"newbie" in most areas. I am grateful to moderators and fellow members of JustLinux, 'saikee', including you.

Thanks, again!

Cordially,

David