improve wireless performance with more RAM ?

Thread: improve wireless performance with more RAM ?

improve wireless performance with more RAM ?

I recently upgraded my laptop (Dell Latitude C600, usually running 550MHz continuously) from 256MB RAM to 512MB. Netgear WGR511 router, WAG511 wireless cardbus/PCMCIA card.

One thing I've noticed is that I don't seem to lose connections as readily as I used to, from the same locations -- an unexpected advantage. Now I'm seeing Bit Rate:24-36 Mb/s and Link Quality=17-21/94 even in, what used to be, unreliable locations in the house when I run /usr/sbin/iwconfig. I don't seemt to be losing connections from

Just an interesting observation.

Rick D.

ram fix everyting. hmmm wonder if ram can fix the dog peeing on my tires....

"ram fix everyting. hmmm wonder if ram can fix the dog peeing on my tires.." Yes assuming the ram has full curl horns and a bad temper!

ed

Quote Originally Posted by enshum
    "ram fix everyting. hmmm wonder if ram can fix the dog peeing on my tires.." Yes assuming the ram has full curl horns and a bad temper!

ed

But then, what do you get to keep your RAM from peeing on your tires?
    Registered Linux user #230403! Since March 2001! YAY.

Try doing a forum search or a google search before asking a question. And please don't use HELP! in the topic of your post... it's so lame... Please don't PM me for help-- post a question in the forum instead.

"But then, what do you get to keep your RAM from peeing on your tires" A big bad wolf of course.

ed

those nifty anodized aluminum diapers that go around the ram of course!!

Put more RAM in your truck, then it will float. If the dog hasnt got more RAM yet, he won't be able to reach.

edit:

well then if the dog gets more RAM, you're screwed. You'll have to buy more and more. Hmm, having to buy more and more RAM to do the same thing.... Does the dog have a "start" button?

soule
    Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others. - Edward Abbey

IRC #linuxn00b

Support your Distro.
    Slackware Store
    Archlinux Schwag

i dunno, im still waiting for him to defrag