funny WOW video

Thread: funny WOW video

funny WOW video

I may get slapped around for this, or you guys may think its way funny, anyways....
    here is the flash video link.....url removed by moderator
    Last edited by Alex Cavnar, aka alc6379; 02-14-2006 at 06:50 PM. Reason: link was inappropriate for forum
    registered Linux user number 371609

SaBaYoN LiNuX DoWnLoAd NoW

Zip Ties = Reef Duck Tape

If guns kill people, then...

Pencils mis-speel...
    Cars make people drive drunk...
    Spoons make people fat...

What a hoot!!! Really brill, very well done. Even the voices are great!!
    Feel free to PM me for help

Using PCLinuxos 2007 on my laptop and 2009 on my Desktop and proud of it!

Desktop:
    AMD Phenom II x2 545 3GB DDR2 RAM 500GB SATA,250GB SATA, 250GB IDE, ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 DDR3
    Laptop:
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2) 2GB RAM, 160GB Sata HDD, nVidia 8600GM 512MB

Please come back and tell us if your problem is solved, it may help others, and stop us from wondering what happened.

This post has been submitted to a mod, please do not post this crap, although funny, it not anything that belongs on this site. Thanks.
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot

well like I said I might get some bad reports from this, but some might think it is funny, I apologize for the lack of humor that you could find from this flash clip....

Pencils mis-speel...

the original clip is hosted in:
    http://www.machinima.com/

Well, IMHO this should go in the computer joke thread if anywhere, but I don't have mod access to /dev/random anyway.

Funny, but not Linux-related at all (after all, WoW doesn't even run natively on Linux) which is kind of what that thread is for.

sorry guys, I know its not a linux thing, but I had to share it with all my linux buddies.........made me laugh anyways

Pencils mis-speel...

Sure it's a little off-topic. It would be nice if there was a place in here called "Off Topic". Oh, wait.

Seriously, anyone who remembers what this site was like back when it was callled "LinuxNewbie.org" remembers that there used to be endless flame wars about anything at all. I remember someone actually started a thread back then arguing that "Islam is an evil religion". Or something like that. I think that may have the first and only time I actually reported a thread. I pictured some poor linux newbie who happens to be a muslim happening upon that. It was pretty ugly.

A lot of it was about politics, and I've always been glad that the mods had the smarts to change the format right around the time the Invasion of Iraq took place (I was away for a while, so I'm not sure exactly when the change took place, but it was roughly around that time. ) because I'm sure the strident tone would only have gotten worse. It would have been really easy for many or all of to completely lose the focus on what we're supposed to be about, and it certainly wouldn't have been constructive influence on "the community". There are times when I think the mods are a little too uptight and controlling but anything would be better than the way it was.

Overall, I like the tight focus. I've always been a slow learner, but learning Linux has become a kind of therapy for me, something that takes my attention away from the anger and despair that I feel whenever I start talking about things that are going on in the world. It's hard for me to walk away from a good flame war, but here is one place where I never have to.

Recently, I started lurking in the kernelnewbies chat in IRC, and they have a seperate channel for offtopic discussion. Someone might want to do something similar for the Justlinux community. Maybe someone would like to start an off topic forum for jokes and such, and the posting of cool stuff you find online? But keep it light, or you won't find me there.
    Last edited by blackbelt_jones; 02-13-2006 at 09:13 PM.

The thing is that there are tons of completely open forums where you can post that stuff, so there's really not a pressing need to do it here. Frankly, most of the open forums (at least the ones that allow politics and religion discussion) pretty much degrade into gigantic flame wars about Islam, liberals, and conservatives, frequently all in the same thread.

As far as slightly off topic jokes and such, there is a thread for that already, although it hasn't been as active since hard candy hasn't been around as much.

I know some say that off-topic forums help build up the online community at a site, but to be honest the ones I've seen are frequently not the kind of community that I want.

(Although I do like the way nvnews does their off topic forum. They have an off topic forum, and a sub forum for politics and religion where all the flamewar posts go. As long as you stay out of the p & r forum you're generally pretty safe. Not saying JL needs that, but if one were to do a forum that would be a good method IMHO)

I agree. What makes a community a community is a common purpose.

ok my cheeks are red, slap me again................

Pencils mis-speel...

Nah, we're discussing off-topic stuff in general now. You're off the hook for the moment.

wow.......groovy lol

Quote Originally Posted by blackbelt_jones
    Maybe someone would like to start an off topic forum for jokes and such, and the posting of cool stuff you find online? But keep it light, or you won't find me there.
    We kind of already have one, and you're there quite often! #justlinux on freenode ...
    eskiled is Against-TCPA

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread down. I removed the link to the video, too.

While I agree that it was somewhat funny, it's not right for this forum. And the fact that it did have sexual connotations doesn't help that fact, either.
    Registered Linux user #230403! Since March 2001! YAY.

Try doing a forum search or a google search before asking a question. And please don't use HELP! in the topic of your post... it's so lame... Please don't PM me for help-- post a question in the forum instead.