New database that is 10x faster then MySQL - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New database that is 10x faster then MySQL

Good one Parcival.

Here I thought it was just one persons attempt to drive up his post count.

Good point Gehidore.

I may have to get out my kevlar to protect myself from these drive by postings.
    Check out my ebay auction for my signature space on JLC.

Hey if people can sell advertising space on thier bodies, I figure I can make $.02 on my signature space.

What IS a database?
    1. Where Data goes to recharge when Captain Picard does not need his services anymore?
    2. A collection of data arranged for ease and speed of search and retrieval?
    3. All the facts and rules comprising a logic programming program?

And since I have all my family's addresses and telephone numbers in an addressbook, would that be considered a relational database?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

hard candy, I suggest you start your very own collection of Swiss folk music so you can brag at work about your traditional database.

BTW, if you think you are a man, you have seen and heard everything, it's a couple hours since your last meal, and you save 12 virgins from a shady vilain character while your Gentoo finishes compiling, then you may as well try this link (and the sublinks featuring the little loudspeakers, that is).

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Quote Originally Posted by Parcival
    Yes, indeed. In the "good ol' days" there was always one or two threads in /dev/random where people were joking around and the mods had their pun contest. When hard candy stopped modding for a while this slowly died and modding meant just to lock true spam threads and tell first posters to write proper titles. I'm glad the jokes are back.
    Well, in the good old old days, when this was still linuxnewbie, there was more going on than that... I remember heated arguments running rampant in the "Shoot the Breeze: Rants" forum, and very very off-topic stuff (like the "Topic: No Topic" thread, whose first post was just "Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department" and degenerated from there (), and similar "let's see how many posts we can get into one thread before UBB breaks!" threads that kept eating mdwatts's accounts) that was going on in the "General: Off Topic" forum. And who could forget the Big Red Button? Even though that got fixed (I think anyway) in later versions of UBB.

(Thankfully, vBulletin is a lot more stable than UBB was. Or maybe when the server's a cluster of machines instead of just one, it breaks much less often; that might be it too. I don't know what kind of hardware the forum ran on, or what kind it runs on now.)

Jeez....I sure am glad I didn't just delete the parent, instead of moving it to /dev/random
    Need help in realtime? Visit us at #linuxnewbie on irc.libera.chat

Few of us will do as much for our fellow man as he has done.
    --Andrew Morton on RMS

post count postings being made?? Some people are just crude!

My theory on the censorship: It was one of the URLs that the spammers kept using so they censored it.

Postcount += 1;

Well my database may not be 10x faster then yours but it is bigger. And we all know that size really does matter.

Which makes me think I need to check on that backup, 2 million records and about 2000 added every day that I really can't afford to lose.

Hey if people can sell advertising space on thier bodies, I figure I can make $.02 on my signature space.

Talking Database benchmarks...

Adding 1,000,000 records with a record size of: 100 bytes, 3 fields, 1 sorted

MySQL server did the above in a little over 140 seconds.

My new database did it in 12 seconds.

My database added 1,000,000 records in 12 seconds with sorting, on a rather small record size. It would run through 2,000,000 records in just seconds, even if it was a 1k record sorting on multiple fields.

Hey look Joncamp is back for a couple more drive by postings.

Care to enlighten us about your database? Other then some bench marks.

Where is the project hosted?

Is it OSS/GPL?

Can you ride a unicycle while juggling?

Quote Originally Posted by JamminJoeyB
    Hey look Joncamp is back for a couple more drive by postings.

Care to enlighten us about your database? Other then some bench marks.

Where is the project hosted?

Is it OSS/GPL?

Can you ride a unicycle while juggling?
    He doesn't have time to answer those questions. Although he could answer each one in a separate reply to further increase his postings! After all why say in one post what you can say in multiple posts!
    "After all you've seen, after all the evidence, why can't you believe?"

IBM Thinkpad T21
    750 Mhz P3, 128 MB PC100 RAM, CD-ROM, 10 GB IDE HDD
    Ubuntu 9.04 Minimal

I'm still waiting for a website or even a name... I mean I can claim things too:

I created a pencil 10x faster than #2 pencils, it writes 100,000 words in 9 minutes vs 10,000 words in 10 minutes...
    windows get broken, penguins don't get sucked into jet engines --gehidore
    Community help posting guidelines.
    || DSL || Kanotix || FreeBSD
    || dillo || JL FAH team ||

I created a wormhole which actually allows for time travle because it sends you so to the other side so fast you actually travel back in time. This is useing the unified field theory that einstein forgot to finish (I have finished it!). Oh and useing tesla's flying discs I was able to produce a device to transport matter through the worm whole safely. Of course its not a stargate yet, but I'm working in it.

BTW the systems all run Linux and have a DB (which is 10^1000 * faster than mysql) which contains all the possible locations of arrivle based off time of day, location on earth, position of the known stars and their satilites (based off of the center of the milkyway as it is the power source), and the amount of power required to get there. Oh and it stores the locations of all the employees.

In fact I am just reading this and wondering why I would write such a thing because I never actually wrote it yet so now I will think about getting a mod to get me the ip so I can track it down...
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot

thaddaeus, you don't really impress me. No space travel concept can be considered complete unless it has an ice machine for the drinks on the journey.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)