High Pitched Buzzing Coming From Computer - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Pitched Buzzing Coming From Computer

Quote Originally Posted by ZAmodeo
    I guess I'll try to swap out the power supply with another sometime this weekend. Is it a possibility that an over-rated power supply does odd stuff when it's not being used fully? A 500W supply is surely more than my system needs. I don't know why this would happen, just brainstorming a bit.
    No, it's more just a matter that some models will buzz while others won't. I've heard that coil whine tends to be a problem more with PSUs using passive PFC rather than active PFC, but I can't confirm this with first-hand experience.

On SPCR, Seasonic power supplies are highly regarded; they probably won't buzz.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

lil hot glue fixes coil whine by the way, its not a pretty solution, but its highly effective

So, it looks like hot glue may be my solution? Is it safe to do this inside the PSU though? Or are there any guides that suggest a certain way of doing it?

Thanks for all the help!

safe? well thats kind of a misnomer now isnt it, unplug the psu and let it set for a few hours, then crack it open and go for it

but uhh keep in mind, this is !!AT YOUR OWN RISK!!, i have personally done it several times if that helps any, and its just a 110v charge built up, the amps cant be too bad, i mean yea its going to hurt but no more than me punching you in the arm or something