[Mandriva] aMSN installation problem

Thread: [Mandriva] aMSN installation problem

Exclamation [Mandriva] aMSN installation problem

I recently installaed Mandriva 2006, as far as my knowledge of linux goes I knew my way arround.

But a problem occoured; I tried installing aMSN with the standard rpmdrake software installation program. All went well, untill my internet connection failed (wireless ). But after a few seconds I regained my connection and the download/installation of aMSN continued. After a few second a pop-up: 'installation succesfull'.

So, happy as I was I tried to start aMSN... and... nothing! It wouldn't start! So I checked /usr/share/ and there I saw the /amsn folder, so everything seems o.k. but it seemed implossible to start amsn. I went back to rpmdrake, to uninstall and re-install amsn. Uninstalling was impossible, there was no package amsn. Even using the Konsole: 'rpm -e amsn' gave: 'such a package does not excists'. Back to rpmdrake and maybe re-install? So, I started rpmdrake, and it gave: amsn, status: 'not installed'. So I tried re-installing, no effect.

Does anyone know how I could solve this problem? Removing the current amsn and re-installing? The files are locked so deleting them is no option.
    Last edited by vegterb; 06-12-2006 at 10:11 AM.