Strange problems with Bluetooth mouse

Thread: Strange problems with Bluetooth mouse

Strange problems with Bluetooth mouse

Hello, I just installed SUSE 10.1 x86-64. I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth. The mouse was working just fine throughout the entire SUSE installation until the very last page where it sets up the peripherals. Since then, I have not been able to get the mouse to respond.

The Bluetooth problem is not limited to SUSE. I just got Knoppix, and the mouse seems to work at random. Sometimes I boot from the CD and it works great; sometimes I boot and it doesn't respond at all.

I know the mouse should be working fine because there are no problems when I boot into Windows.

What can I do to fix it? Further, how can I even access anything in SUSE without a mouse? In Windows I can use the Windows key for the Start button, CTRL+ALT+DEL for the process manager, etc, but in SUSE, the only thing that seems to work is CTRL+ALT+DEL to turn off the computer. Is there a way to still use the OS without a mouse?

From a 'competing' site (google.com/linux search): http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/...ll_600m_laptop

Having the device working fine in Windows, and not in Linux, generally means a driver issue.
    Linux User #181509

* It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on this planet
    has ever come up with the phrase "as pretty as an airport" *
    -- Douglas Adams --

I'd love to access the control panel, console, or whatever, but I can't figure out how to open anything using just a keyboard. Are there any default hotkeys that can load the console?

Ctrl-Alt-F2 will switch to a new terminal window with a login prompt.
    Alt-F7 should bring you back to XWindows.
    Last edited by Choozo; 06-13-2006 at 03:02 AM.
    Linux User #181509

* It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on this planet
    has ever come up with the phrase "as pretty as an airport" *
    -- Douglas Adams --