Ignite-UX for HP-UX 10.20

Thread: Ignite-UX for HP-UX 10.20

Ignite-UX for HP-UX 10.20

Hello All,

I am currently responsible for the administration of a number of Hewlett-Packard servers that are running HP-UX 10.20, support for which ended in mid-2003. The servers were orignally set up without Ignite-UX - that is, it is not possible to run make_recovery to create bootable installable backups on these servers. The Ignite-UX software for HP-UX 10.20 is no longer available for download from HP's web site, and my attempts to find anything via Google have proved fruitless. Does anyone know where I might get a copy of this software?

Thanks and regards,
    Hugh
    Last edited by HughA; 10-03-2006 at 07:25 AM.
    You can choose from any of a number of operating systems, or you can use Windows.

Let he who has coded without bugs cast the first stone.

Hp software

Live free or die ... LINUX

Hello kshim5,

Thanks for the prompt reply :-) I checked the URL, and did a search for 'Ignite-UX' which turned up versions for HP-UX 11 only. I then did a search for '10.20', but I couldn't see anything for Ignite-UX among the results returned. Perhaps I am missing something(?)

The good news is that I have managed to find someone who works at HP and has a copy of the relevant 10.20 CD. I'll post the outcome on this thread after I have received the media and performed some testing.

Regards,
    Hugh
    You can choose from any of a number of operating systems, or you can use Windows.

Reminds me of my days at Lucent Technologies. HP-UX 10.20/11 is what I used. Lucent had me working on some pretty cool technologies, that's where I first learned and saw the true power of Unix. Cool stuff, what are you doing if you don't mind me asking?

Hello Toothpaste,

My apologies for the delay in posting a reply - I've been flat out like a lizard drinking (as we say here in Australia). I'm afraid I can't say too much about the stuff that I'm doing, due to the confidential nature of the work :-( If you like HP-UX, you should have a squiz at AIX some time - it's a particularly administrator-friendly UNIX (although some wags maintain, in view of the IBM additions, that AIX stands for 'ain't UNIX')

Best regards,
    Hugh