Anybody know about

Thread: Anybody know about

Anybody know about

ReactOS? I am reading about it but can't really tell too much... yet. Has anyone here played with it? http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/en/index.html
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity...

Vanpooling now...

Hmm, this looks very interesting, great link!

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

It's a really interesting idea, but I can't ever think of a reason why I'd actually want to install it on any of my computers.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

I probably won't install it either

mainly due to time, or should I say the lack thereof. Also I am pretty happy with SuSE right now. I am mostly curious if anyone else had heard of it or even played with it yet. More of a curiosity feeding than anything else.
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity...

Vanpooling now...

Hmm... it's a cool project though I wouldn't use it either.
    djserz.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won't save you from yourself..."

People's Republic of North America (Former United States)
    I think there are much larger ramifications for this project. It looks like they're concentrating on the Windows desktop market but it wouldn't be too big of a leap to add server functionality into this OS. Think about that for a minute. Microsoft really makes its money from the server market and their blood sucking licensing schemes. If there was a server version of this available with Active Directory and everything, this would be great for organizations that must use Windows server side applications. I could see Steve Ballmer getting violent if this happened!
    I equivocate, therefore I might be.

My Linux/Unix Boxes:
    Home: Slackware 10, CentOS 5.3, RHEL 5, Ubuntu Workstation 9.10, Work: RHEL 5, CentOS 5

"I could see Steve Ballmer getting violent if this happened!" Just maybe he would blowup and drown in his own vomit!

ed

Quote Originally Posted by enshum
    "I could see Steve Ballmer getting violent if this happened!" Just maybe he would blowup and drown in his own vomit!
    I think that's exagerated. However, I think about buying stocks of chair manufacturers.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)