Post Deleted?

Thread: Post Deleted?

Post Deleted?

I wanted to know why my post from yesterday was blocked / deleted? I didn't think that I violated any of the rules by posting it, but they could have changed in the last 6 months. Just was wondering who deleted / blocked it and why.

Thanks,

i would imagine, it either broke a rule, or may have looked like a spam post that have been problems on forums lately, not sure though

tody4me: Seems there was a link in the first followup in your post linking to a possible exploit, which made one of the Mods move the thread to our graveyard .... nothing wrong with your initial post.

Cheers
    Linux User #181509

* It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on this planet
    has ever come up with the phrase "as pretty as an airport" *
    -- Douglas Adams --

I didn't post a link though, to anything. I figured that one of the Mod's did move it to the graveyard for some reason, but I didn't know what it was. That's why I asked.

Yeah, it was nothing anyone did wrong since the link looks like a perfectly normal humor site, but it got spammed to another forum I visit a while back and some people there who visited in IE reported that it caused strange behavior and with a recent zero day IE exploit it seems likely that it was using that.

That said, it was also posted to The Register yesterday and apparently there hasn't been an outcry from their readers about it crashing IE or anything, so it could be that one of the times it's gone offline they switched to just trying to drive ad revenue (since there are a number of them on the site as I recall). In any case, better safe than sorry.

[solved]

Thanks cybertron. Yeah, I saw the article on TheRegister, and that's what prompted me to post here was because I wanted to see if there was a reaction yet from the Linux community about this information. If that was wrong, I'm sorry for that.

Apparently MS Firefox is the "new" MS Linux. Anyone else remember the mslinux.org posts that happened about once every three to six months or so? Yeah, that. (Funny thing, though: The supposed release date was "November, 2003" according to Google's cache of the page (the server is timing out). That's long passed, of course. I suppose that may be why nobody posts it anymore.)

I guess somebody was bound to make another one of these joke sites after Microsoft made their death-trap deal with Novell, which really did (sort of) create an MS Linux. Truth is stranger than fiction at times.

(And seeing what IE7 looks like, I do wonder if it doesn't have a crapload of stolen Firefox code in it. The world may never know.)

Guilty! I didn't like the idea that it had a possibility of an activex exploit so I graved it, but since it is actually harmless we can resurrect it

Just so you don't all think I'm nuts, this is where I originally saw it posted (by a one post wonder no less). I thought there were more people over there who had problems after visiting, but I guess it was just one person.

My fault guys, I was the one who posted the link . I had seen it posted several other places and hadnt heard anything like this. Wouldnt have posted it had I known. If I remember correctly though I linked to the .net site rather than the .com. Both advertise the same thing but totally different layout so I'm not sure it would have had the exploit.

Again, my apologies,

Joe

Thank you to everyone that responded. I was just curious as to what happened to the post. Now that I know I feel a lot better.