Fedora Core Install On PS3 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fedora Core Install On PS3

Quote Originally Posted by pearcjo
    I'm not sure specifically what chipset it uses, I know uses the cell processor. Also, when doing a full install on cd-r's, it doesn't ask for disc 2, etc? It just fails all of the following commands whenever its done with disc 1-how do i override that?
    did you verify that the ISO images you downloaded were good before burning them?

in windows you should be able to use MD5Summer

http://www.md5summer.org/

it sounds to me like you may have a bad ISO image
    Some of my favorite links

search engine's
    G4L & JL forum search
    one of the best Debian based distro's for new hardware
    registered Linux user # 288225

the processor is cell yes, but the wired/wireless chipsets are unknown to me, the lspci command should shed some light on the subject as to what they are

if you are having problems with the installer on multiple cd's then use the dvd installer

This has become wayyyy too much trouble. You were def correct, there were several problems found with the images. Mirror dl's have just become too much or a problem so I think I am going to buy a dvd copy. Any suggestions? Fedora 5, 6, or Yellow Dog?-the main ones i was checkin out. Something I could turn into a Windows OS in the future? Thanks so much for yall's help!

you wont be turning them into windows anytime soon, so just pick one and go for it

This has become wayyyy too much trouble. You were def correct, there were several problems found with the images. Mirror dl's have just become too much or a problem so I think I am going to buy a dvd copy. Any suggestions? Fedora 5, 6, or Yellow Dog?-the main ones i was checkin out. Something I could turn into a Windows OS in the future? Thanks so much for yall's help!
    as far as what distro to pick between FC and yellow dog those are basically the same distro YD is is just built for use with PPC processors in particular do either one should allow you to get your feet wet.
    Question are you going to try the PS3 install or install a distro on a computer? Your welcome glad we could help

search engine's
    G4L & JL forum search

What would your suggestion be for a linux os that has capability to switch to XP? I'm mainly doing this so i can store ISO images of game dumps on the HDD.

linux is linux, i think you have some reading to do

you will have to be more specific on what you are wanting to do with XP

Now i'm having some trouble uninstalling Fedora core 5, and trying to install YDL, any tips? Should I uninstall from kboot or after i log in? thanks Again

Now i'm having some trouble uninstalling Fedora core 5, and trying to install YDL, any tips? Should I uninstall from kboot or after i log in? thanks Again
    i'm still a bit confused are you installing this on a computer or the PS3? and what type of problems are you having with the YDL install?

search engine's
    G4L & JL forum search