Kubuntu Install on a YouBox© but SWF fails?

Thread: Kubuntu Install on a YouBox© but SWF fails?

Kubuntu Install on a YouBox© but SWF fails?

I was really excited today I received my first build-on-you-own computer by Tsystems called the YouBox© [ link deleted by moderator ] . It was so fast to build, then I decided to install the Kubunto 6.0 Edgy disc that was in the packaging. The 2G of RAM the with 2.8 Dual Core 4MB was as easy as the directions of this build-your-own system. Since, this only cost me $399 I was really psyked to see an OS already ready for me.

It took me like 10 minutes to be cruising on the net once I put the CD in and booted my system.

After I started Konqueror I was so dissapointed when I went to my favorite website and kept getting an error saying that I can't install the SWF file on the operating system.

WTF?

Help - I love my new system - it is fast and "Sexy" - this being my first system I built on my own - with the easy kubuntu install I am so excited - especially with the hope I can never have to install the "M" again. I even love the OpenOFFICE suite. That is so crazy all this software for freee!!

But, now I am at a stand still! -------------> HELP <---------------- please.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
    Last edited by Parcival; 04-06-2007 at 06:53 PM.

SWF. ShockWave Flash. Its the flash plugin thats missing from your system, thats all.

2 routes:

1. be good and use the GPLed Gnash. From synaptic, install gnash. Or just run
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install gnash
    in konsole.

2. head over to adobe's website to install flash 9. naughty naughty!

gnash is not new enough for youtube though.
    Come under the reign of the Idiot King...
    Come to me ... I love linux!

Registered Linux user: Idiot King #350544

This smells a lot like advertising. If you feel your thread is legitimate, drop me a private message and explain why.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)