Text-configured "infinite" keybindings: fluxbox and what else?

Thread: Text-configured "infinite" keybindings: fluxbox and what else?

Threaded View

Text-configured "infinite" keybindings: fluxbox and what else?

Simple question:

Anyone who has ever had the dubious fortune of listening (or reading) as I rave on and on about my fanatical devotion to the fluxbox window manager probably knows that my favorite fluxbox feature is the capacity for programming virtually infinite keybindings with a text file. I've been told that there millions of possible key combinations, and whether or not that's true, there are certainly as many as I am ever going to need. With a very rudimentary understanding of line commands, you can program a keybinding to open nearly any application, any file, any directory, any script, and because it's all done by editing a text file, you can save the file (I like to keep it in my gmail account) and use it again and again whenever you install a new system or open a new account. I've got about a hundred bindings in my ~/.fluxbox/keys file, and, although, to tell the truth, I only regularly use about a dozen or two, those keybindings alone have saved me lord-only-knows-how-much nedless searching through menus, and I never use them without taking a special joy. Nothing could possibly be faster or more direct, and since I set the keybindings myself, they're easier to remember than you might think.

Yes, I know; you've heard it all from me before. So here's the simple question:

What other window manager or desktop environment has that capacity? There must be several; am I right?
    Last edited by blackbelt_jones; 06-04-2007 at 12:52 AM.