Easily upgradeable Email client

Thread: Easily upgradeable Email client

Easily upgradeable Email client

I'm looking for an email program that is easy to upgrade. I've been using Thunderbird since 1.0 and I'm fed up with the program. When ever I've upgraded either thunderbird or my distro I've always been very careful to copy my .thunderbird directory to a safe place. After the upgrade sometimes it's just been a mater of dragging the .thunderbird directory back to my home directory, and sometimes it's much more difficult.

I've recently switched from sabayon 3.3 32-bit to 3.3 64-bit. I've tried to drag my .thunderbird directory back to my home directory to no avail. I've read up on what I'm going to have to do to get it to work but I'm done with thunderbird after that.

So....Does anyone have any suggestions for a email program that you don't have to jump through hoops to get your old email back once you do an upgrade?
    If you don't know your rights you don't have any......Irv Homer radio talkshow host Irv homer archives

Sabayon 3.4E
    kernel 2.6.22
    KDE 3.5 with Beryl
    X.org 7.2
    Asus M2N-SLIDelux
    2 Gig Ram
    hda 60 gig WD Hard Drive
    sda 320gig WD Hard Drive
    sdb 80gig WD Hard drive
    ASUS EN7600GS Silent
    member of the justlinux folding@home time

I've never had an upgrade problem with Thunderbird and have been using it for over a year. Before that I used Evolution which ended up in some fun hoops which Gnome updates but nothing horrible.

telnet to your imap/pop3 server

BTW - i've been using the same profile since Netscape 4.7something, its upped to Mozilla 1.78 now but I'm sure I'll switch to thunderbird eventually...

People's Republic of North America (Former United States)
    I agree with Icarus. I have never had a T-Bird update problem. I have even migrated the .thunderbird directory from distro to distro, again, no problems.
    I equivocate, therefore I might be.

My Linux/Unix Boxes:
    Home: Slackware 10, CentOS 5.3, RHEL 5, Ubuntu Workstation 9.10, Work: RHEL 5, CentOS 5

I use gmail and i let it get mail also from 2 older pop3 mail accounts, when i reply to posts from those gmail pretends to be sending through them.

Mutt!
    Need help in realtime? Visit us at #linuxnewbie on irc.libera.chat

Few of us will do as much for our fellow man as he has done.
    --Andrew Morton on RMS

Quote Originally Posted by frimann
    I use gmail and i let it get mail also from 2 older pop3 mail accounts, when i reply to posts from those gmail pretends to be sending through them.
    This is what I started doing recently with my personal mail also, but I also have a work email and use Thunderbird there