Remembering mdwatts

Thread: Remembering mdwatts

Remembering mdwatts

Today is the anniversary of Mike's birth.
    open mind, open source, open cars

Registered Linux User 299372 http://counter.li.org

It's sad that he is no longer with us... I remember when I first came to this forum in 2002, my first post was asking help about not being able to boot properly despite having checked all the hardware, BIOS, and config files. Long story short, the released software version of the time + the BIOS on my mobo at the time required me to turn on the floppy drive in the BIOS even without having one connected in order to allow reading of my hard drives. MDWatts was the one to keep responding and help me with my problem, which left a very good first impression of the website - been a regular ever since...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

mdwatts was the first to answer my questions too. never made me feel stupid even when i was asking stupid newb questions. i was sad and still am of his passing. rest in peace mdwatts!
    --
    "enlightenment, for a wave in the ocean, is the moment the wave realizes it is water"

I didn't come into contact much with him as he passed away two months I joined JustLinux.

He was a giant here with over 40,000 posts to his credit. I clocked up 1200 posts in 3 years. At this rate I have to spend the next 97 years here just to equal his effort.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

He was a strong point on this site and in the community as well.
    "68 65 63 6B 6C 65"

There aren't many days that go by when I don't think about this mans kindness and drive to help others, even if he didn't know the answer he knew where to point you.