Yet another looking-for-alternatives-to-win/mac-software. (portfolio management)

Thread: Yet another looking-for-alternatives-to-win/mac-software. (portfolio management)

the sovereign state of my mainly brown slip on shoes.

Yet another looking-for-alternatives-to-win/mac-software. (portfolio management)

yep, its another one of those, what's the linux version of such n such threads.

specifically, i'm lookng for something to manage my large portfolio with. i have a couple thousand pieces of artwork i have created on my pc over the years, and have just read about extensis portfolio server 8.5 in computer arts, and since it seems rather ineffective (in productivity and workflow terms) in windows, and i dont have mac os, that leaves me with an open source option... what is it? my searches have thrown up waaaay too many answers that are completely irrelevent since i seem unable to use words that are not applicable in a wide variety of feilds....

so..

anyone know a piece of kit that will help me manage (perhaps even help make web galleries with templates n such for) my large collection of visual art?

Thats how we win! We get it wrong and loose. It's those losers who are scared to get it wrong and loose that just don't loose fast enough nor often enough to win.

|'We Are One'|
    Educate Yourself So You May Educate Others.
    Love Yourself So You May Love Others.

"it's time to evolve our ideas folks" - Bill Hicks.

Digit,

Just to say Welcome to Justlinux.

The apllication is pretty advance so may be some database experts may have a view on it.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

This might help.

What distro are you using, so that we can point you to relevant packages or terms to search for?
    Knute

You live, you die, enjoy the interval!