Hey gang, I'm looking for some advice.
My father, without consulting me, has run out and bought a new HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop. Not the machine I would have chosen, but anyway...
Of course, it has Vista on it. My father wants to give Vista a chance, but already we're noticing some slowness, especially after boot when the desktop is supposed to come up; it takes LONG. Anyway...
He's going to give it a try for a little while, he just bought it, and doesn't want to start tinkering with it too much just yet. I've already advised him that if at some point Vista starts to get to be too much for him, I can just put in linux for him(he's used Slackware before on a little desktop I had put together for him, and found it easy-peasy) as an alternative choice.
Naturally, when you buy a computer at a place like FutureShop nowadays, you never get any kind of Windows Install CD's. Apparantly, this particular laptop doesn't even need any kind of rescue CD's; nowadays its diskless. Imagine that.
So what do I want to do? Ghost the entire harddrive before doing any installing of Ubuntu, that's what! That way if we end up unhappy with the results, I can always ghost it back to the way it was. I'm thinking of using g4u for this. Any thoughts??