azureus is broken

Thread: azureus is broken

azureus is broken

I run gentoo linux and sundenly when i try to run azureus in a terimal i get the following errors.

$UI not set defaulting to swt
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/gjl", line 178, in ?
    pkg = manager.get_package(options.package)
    File "/usr/share/java-config-2/pym/java_config/EnvironmentManager.py", line 132, in get_package
    all_pkg = self.get_packages()
    File "/usr/share/java-config-2/pym/java_config/EnvironmentManager.py", line 145, in get_packages
    self.load_packages()
    File "/usr/share/java-config-2/pym/java_config/EnvironmentManager.py", line 90, in load_packages
    for virt in self.get_active_vm().get_provides():
    File "/usr/share/java-config-2/pym/java_config/EnvironmentManager.py", line 116, in get_active_vm
    self.load_active_vm()
    File "/usr/share/java-config-2/pym/java_config/EnvironmentManager.py", line 109, in load_active_vm
    raise InvalidVMError
    java_config.Errors.InvalidVMError
    Couldn't get needed information

how do i fix this so it works ?
    "Software is like sex: it's better when its free."
    -LINUS TORVALDS

Install deluge and you will have a working torrent program.

ed

InvalidVMError makes it sound like something's wrong with your Java VM? (Why the heck is Python code requiring a Java VM in the first place though? That's just wrong...)

Or maybe this is related?

$UI not set defaulting to swt
    Maybe if you set UI to something that doesn't require Java, that might help? (I don't know what the possible settings are, though.)

I use Sabayon linux (gentoo based) and the problem your having is python based I believe. However Deluge is a better program in my opinion and it works and seems consistently faster. Deluge is in portage.

ed

thanks i try Deluge and see if i like it. I use Sabayon linux for a live dvd when i need to test machines. Its a great live distro because its full of appz i need. I am more of a gentoo fan thou then Sabayon adleast its based on portage.

Yeah i dont know why azureus broken. I think it was because i had a broken system for a few weeks before i fixed it and might of removed some required libs.
    "Software is like sex: it's better when its free."
    -LINUS TORVALDS