how to find a certain post#

Thread: how to find a certain post#

how to find a certain post#

Good morn,
    From time to time I read a post, and in that post they refer to a different post #. How do I look up that post #?
    Thank you ...Rich

Each post in a thread has a number assigned to it.

You started with #1.

My reply is #2.

Is this what you after? It is inside the thin dark blue band at the top right hand corner of each post.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

post #s

saikee,
    When I read a thread or post the writer sometime suggests I look at (ex. Post#32). What does that mean? Should I search for post #32? Where? Are they referring to the same thread? ..I dont know the difference between thread and post..... What procedure do I use to find post#32? This is just an example....
    Thank you Rich

heres an example:
    Three methods are described in Post #1 and two in Post #39

Section A : Two hard disks available
    Section B : Single hard disk with a floppy drive
    Section C : Single hard disk no floppy drive
    Section D : Single hard disk. Linux booted manually by a selected Linux Live CD(newly added 30/10/07 in Post #39)
    Section E : Linux installed and booted from an external USB device (hard disk /pen drive)(newly added 30/10/07 in Post #39)

That sounds like something that saikee said, right?

In those cases, he's referring to other posts in the thread that you're already looking at (a thread is basically just a collection of posts -- you just made two posts to this thread that were around 5 minutes apart, for instance). The post number is in the blue bar across the top of each post, on the right. It's right next to the "report bad post" icon, if you can see that (looks like a triangle with a red border and a white center, with a black exclamation point inside it). It's way over to the right of the time-stamp that gets added to each post, in the same blue bar. (The time-stamp is on the left, and the post number is on the right.)

For instance, your two most-recent posts in this thread were numbers 3 and 4; mine is #5.
    Last edited by bwkaz; 08-13-2008 at 06:51 PM.