OpenOffice Base "driver class org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"

Thread: OpenOffice Base "driver class org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"

OpenOffice Base "driver class org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"

Hello JL! It's been quite a while for me to write on here (I'm lousy at forums and things anymore) but I hope all is well.

Anyways, here's an issue I have that I can't seem to find a lot of info on. I'm running OpenOffice3 Beta 2 right now (which might be the issue in itself) and more particularly, I'm trying to run Base for generating a real simple application. After creating the DB and attempting to do any work on it, I get the follow error:

"The driver class 'driver class org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver' could not be load (additional driver class path: file:///user/share/java/hsqldb.jar vnd.sun.star.expand: $OOO_BASE_DIR/programs/classes/sdbc_hsqldb.jar)"

I'm guessing it could be a PATH issue. I made sure to set that variable OOO_BASE_DIR to what should be the appropriate place, but no go still. Any thoughts?
    The Swain

dswain

Do you have an hsqldb.jar or sdbc_hsqldb.jar file around anywhere? If so, where is it? Copying it into OOO_BASE_DIR/programs/classes/ might help, but if it's already in a .../programs/classes/ path, then I'd try setting OOO_BASE_DIR to that directory instead. Or set CLASSPATH perhaps...

Alright! Managed to get it. I tried your advice bwkaz and updated the CLASSPATH and verified that the variable OOO_BASE_DIR was set with no luck. Made sure it was in the regular PATH also with no luck.

The error said, however, an alternative classpath it was checking was /usr/share/java. I copied the two files over into that directory and it seems to have repressed the error message at least. I don't exactly love the solution, but it is working. Thanks!
    The Swain

dswain

Hi, I've been having the same exact problem. I've tried all sorts of stuff, from re-installing OOo to installing one of the betas to deleting the .openoffice2 directory, and nothing is working. I've also tried to copy the sdbc_hsqldb.jar to /usr/share/java. You said that you copied two files. What is the other one?

Those files are hsqldb.jar and sdbc_hsqldb.jar. If you can't find them or don't know where they are, try this command to locate them:

Code:
    find / -name sdbc_hsqldb.jar
    If I recall correctly, they're in the same directory though. Either way, that technique worked for me. Hopefully it helps you too!
    The Swain

dswain

Quote Originally Posted by DSwain
    Those files are hsqldb.jar and sdbc_hsqldb.jar. If you can't find them or don't know where they are, try this command to locate them:

Code:
    find / -name sdbc_hsqldb.jar
    If I recall correctly, they're in the same directory though. Either way, that technique worked for me. Hopefully it helps you too!
    I found the sdbc_hsqldb.jar file, but, I could not find the hsqldb.jar file. I found one on the internet and copied it to /usr/share/java, but now I'm getting a new error: "The connection to the data source "database-name" could not be established. General error: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.sun.star.sdbcx.comp.hsqldb.StorageFileAccess.i s.Stream.Element (Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z"

I'm using Arch Linux, if that makes any difference.