Cable Internet Logon

Thread: Cable Internet Logon

Cable Internet Logon

I just moved into a new apartment complex and their cable provider has every bedroom register with a username and password, and then it lets you login via a web page and start using the internet. The problem is everynight it logs you off at five in the morning which requires you to log back in. Is there anyway I can configure a router (this would be the best way) or a script in order to log me back on when it logs me off?
    Gentoo
    folding@home: 36480

I don't know about configuring your router to do it, but I know Firefox and Konqueror can save your passwords. I know they have this feature because I always seem to find myself turning it off so the browser will stop annoying me.
    Registered Linux User No. 321,742

"At Harvard they have this policy where if you pass too many classes they ask you to leave."
    ---Richard M. Stallman

Depends on how the login,e tc. is sent. You could maybe do it via a script, calling the URL with get codes in the URL (as opposed to post codes from a form). Or, grab their form and re-write it so it posts automatically w/ a little javascript.

Yeah I would definitely look at the login page source. You can probably get it to work in some javascript as ph34r suggested, or you could probably right a small Perl script that submits credentials for you (which you could run as a cron job to execute at 5:05am every morning or something like that).
    "The author of that poem is either Homer or, if not Homer, somebody else of the same name."