Timeline for Debian Lenny made stable?

Thread: Timeline for Debian Lenny made stable?

Timeline for Debian Lenny made stable?

Does anyone have a reliable source on the proposed timeline for when Debian Lenny is going to be set as stable?

Having around 10 production Debian Etch servers in use, I'm a bit annoyed that this info hasn't been forthcoming.
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
    (No trees were killed in posting this message. However, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.)
    ----------------------------------
    Debian user since Potato
    Syngin: Web Portfolio

Time line for when Debian will update the Stable release is usually unreliable at best and generally just wrong.

The reason is not that the people at Debian are trying to be vague or are arrogant, it is simply the VERY strict protocol of "RC bug count = 0". Since new bugs are found in a fix to a bug, it can be hard to predict exactly when they will be finished. They strive to meet a deadline, but unlike Ubuntu or other "Debian-based" distros, they stick by 0 bugs before Stable release.

You can, however, upgrade to Lenny now by changing your apt source list as none of the bugs left are major system killers - just a matter of principle right now. I, for one, love this protocol and is the foremost reason I keep Debian Stable on my servers despite getting the itch to try new distros on the desktop from time to time.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

No word on when it will be released but it is in the frozen stage of the game.

Frozen