Acer Aspire One and Ubuntu

Thread: Acer Aspire One and Ubuntu

Acer Aspire One and Ubuntu

Has anyone tried this out?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

I'm look at an Acer Aspire One netbook and want to remove the Windoze and replace it with Ubuntu. The deal (RAM and HD) are much better than what I have seen with most others (Dell included).

I was hoping someone around here had some experience with the tutorial above.

I think HLRguy has (he replied to me on an HP2133 thread)... then again you may have been and gone and done it yourself by now
    In the process of arriving at Debian after seeing the light with Bucky Badger, which will date me if we ever have a Zany Zebra

Thanks, and you're right. I have already purchased one and it works just fine. One of the best systems I have ever had. I recently used it on the road and it worked perfectly.

I'm also happy to see that it has become a threat to Microsoft. What started off as a system meant for checking e-mail and browsing the Web has become a major player in the market, replacing laptops for many people in computer-related professions.

Sorry I couldn't jump in earlier. If you wanted an HD based version without paying the associated MS tax or being counted as yet another win, the link is here (for anyone else who reads the thread). Regardless, I love mine, works great. Using Mandriva with KDE.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AOA150-13...9219379&sr=8-1

Still appears to be cheaper than any XP model. Of course, you can't get a 6 cell with any Linux version, MS still rules the roost there.

hlrguy
    Last edited by hlrguy; 04-08-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    Were you a Windows expert the VERY first time you looked at a computer with Windows, or did it take a little time.....
    My Linux Blog
    Linux Native Replacements for Windows Programs
    Mandriva One on a "Vista Home Barely" T3640 E-Machine runs great.

Yeah, the 6 cell is why I went for the MS version. although I hear that is changing. There is an 8 hours battery coming out, if it hasn't already.

Unfortunately, MS has ripped me off for two that I don't use but was forced to pay for it due to their government-sponsored monopoly. Oh well, that's life in the US. I appreciated your jumping in. It may help others.