Snow!!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow!!!

Well here is some snow for ya, yea yea I know this is nothing for all you Canadians.

00003.jpg

00004.jpg

We just got this Friday, we have another 2" to 4" coming tonight and a big storm maybe Monday.

Yeah, I know you've got snow. It was on our news (in europe) this morning. No white christmas for me her in the Netherlands. I'll go look for it in a few weeks in Austria.
    It's a known "problem" with OS/2. It runs continuously until the underlying hardware crumbles under you hands....

the irony of quality

Quote Originally Posted by mrrangerman43
    Well here is some snow for ya, yea yea I know this is nothing for all you Canadians.
    Nice pictures~

My girlfriend is from CT and her parents have been sending pictures of that snow storm. Luckily it finally cooled off again since I first posted this. It was 90 degrees two days ago.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

No white christmas for me her in the Netherlands
    But you might be skating in a few days. that didn't happen in quite some time

Enough snow!

Here in Vancouver, we have a coastal climate like Seattle, lots of cloud and rain, mild temperatures, rarely snow. but for two weeks we've had below freezing temperatures and repeated snowfalls. I live on one of the local hills and there's an accumulation of about two feet by now. And it's snowing. This cold period is about to end in a day or two, but it's giving us a last big dump. The melt is going to be messy.

This is a 15 or 20 year event. I'll be glad when it's over. There's more to life than shoveling.

I guess it is all in what you get too much of. Right now I'd be fine with shoveling snow for a straight week... Its better (to me at this time) than sweating while walking to my car in the middle of winter. We probably accumulate a total of 3 weeks of weather that requires a jacket during the entire winter - and those days are rarely consecutive. Then the summer is just unbearable with 100+ degree weather with 100% humidity.

I'm ready for milder summers and 4 seasons.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain