open html using terminal?

Thread: open html using terminal?

open html using terminal?

good evening,
    I came across a little problem: I downloaded a grub-doc in html format. Its in my /usr/share directory. I can open that html document using gui (open with firefox), but how would I open it using the command line? Im using Ubuntu 8,04. I remember a cmd like gtksudo or something similar. Nontheless how would I do that? thank you...Rich

apt-get install links2

wait...what?

You have to open it as root? that's very queer.

chmod 755 /usr/share/doc.html

I like sux myself....as the normal user instead of sudo su - (or just su -) you $ sux which gives root access to your X that is currently running.

Then as root, just gnome-open /usr/share/doc.html or open firefox and browse to it.

links, elinks, lynx and others...

Code:
    $ less file.html
    will do it. But you have to put something in .bashrc or the like to get less to do things like read compressed files etc., etc.. The something might be in the less documentation somewhere, can't remember.
    MI6, Offensive Information, Hackers, Encryption, UFO, AOL, Infowar, Bubba, benelux, Ufologico Nazionale, domestic disruption, 15kg, DUVDEVAN, debugging, Bluebird, Ionosphere, Keyhole, NABS, Kilderkin, Artichoke, Badger, spookwords, EuroFed, SP4, Crypto AG – a few, alleged, Echelon keywords. Please add some to your email signature. Full list: http://www.serendipity.li/cia/bz1.html
    http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/

thank you, Ill try that....Rich