Installing Beryl on UBuntu 8.10

Thread: Installing Beryl on UBuntu 8.10

Installing Beryl on UBuntu 8.10

I am new to Linux, this being my first couple hours. I was inspired to try it after seeing Beryl on youtube. I would like to now how to install Beryl with my Ubuntu 8.10 installation. I have the KDE running and I like how it looks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, Beryl isn't used any more, it's just compiz now. Beryl was a fork of compiz and they merged back together. You're, unfortunately, it a little awkward place though. Compiz is really only fabulous on Gnome.

It does work with KDE but there are...issues. KDE actually has a really great, well integrated version of something like it built in now, but i don't know if a decent version of kde4 shipped with ubuntu. Ubuntu has had, in my experience, less than stellar kde support. Do you know if you're using kde3.5 or some version of 4?

In anycase you'll need the ati or nvidia drivers, which aren't shipped with ubuntu, do you know if have them already?
    but really, i dont know what im talking about.

I am using Gnome with Compiz installed and love it. I am thinking about getting rid of WIndows completely.

looks like a nice app, but I wouldnt leave win for ubuntu, try debain or something else, kubuntu reminds me of a propritary version of linux, kinda like bill gates version of linux, alot of bells and whistels out of the box, im using it now, and I loved debain, considering going back if I cant my wireless to fire up in debain..