How to get Best Games From internet?

Thread: How to get Best Games From internet?

How to get Best Games From internet?

HI

Can anyone tell me please How to get Best Games From internet.

Thanks.
    Last edited by techin; 08-18-2009 at 02:07 AM.

Best for what? What hardware have you got? Are you paying for it if it is the best?
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

Hi! I really enjoy these games which are free and can be played using the internet:

Runescape (only java and a browser is required)

runescape.com

Fiesta Online (requires a download to play, but is free)

http://fiesta.outspark.com/support/download

Dungeons and Dragons Online (now free, but also requires a download of the client)

http://www.ddo.com/

Hope this helps.

Too bad DDO doesn't work in Linux even with Wine. If you know a way let me know!

yeah...Fiesta won't work on linux because it uses ActiveX, and DDO requires some parts/versions of .NET

Perhaps it can be made to run if you use Mono?

Another MMO that was kinda community-based and seemed very interesting was Planeshift, I think, which worked with linux. It was not extremely well developed when I looked at it a year or two ago...but it may have come a long way since then. It seemed that the background for the world and the races was well developed.

Shadowbane is not being hosted anymore, so perhaps one day the source will be opened up for linux use. That game was really well developed, fun to play (mainly pvp), and characters were uber-customizable.

I really like Runescape, which can be played on linux. The economy is cool, it has many quests and skills to be completed/trained, and it has a sense of humor. DDO seems like its not much more than a bunch of quest instances, though the warforged make it cool to play nonetheless.

I have read that a World of Darkness (Vampire, the Masquerade) MMORPG is being developed and is set to be released in 2010. I look forward to that. Supposedly it is an attempt to create an online game catering more to the young woman demographic, which, like Ladies' Night, might appeal to young guys! LOL

.net

guildwars runs ActiveX and .Net Framework (3.0) and I can run that under Wine 1.1.27 or Cedega, you might give that version a try.

matt
    registered Linux user number 371609

SaBaYoN LiNuX DoWnLoAd NoW

Zip Ties = Reef Duck Tape

If guns kill people, then...

Pencils mis-speel...
    Cars make people drive drunk...
    Spoons make people fat...

Just to update on the DDO thing, I've been playing it in Linux for a while now. It wasn't the easiest install to get going but once it's setup it's been running nearly flawless since, and even the updates haven't caused any problems.

http://www.lotrolinux.com/download.php
    the pylotro launcher is what you need. Yes, it's for Lord of the Rings Online but Dungeons and Dragons Online works exactly the same and the pylotro launcher has an option to change to DDO. I had to install the game in Windows (installer doesn't work under wine) and then copy the install directory over to my ~/.wine. A short configuration of pylotro, run the patch and start. pylotro isn't being developed anymore so I hope either someone picks it up or Turbine doesn't make a change that breaks it anytime soon.

The WineHQ page has a good howto install also
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=2910

Everything seems to work great, the only thing I haven't tried yet is using a mic, one day I'll get around to setting one up and trying it

It's Free2Play game so you can get a lot out of it for very little. I play on the Cannith server
    Last edited by Icarus; 03-05-2010 at 11:47 AM.

there are plenty of websites on internet who had biggest library of games, there are also torrent websites from where you could find alot of games.