Remembering mdwatts

Thread: Remembering mdwatts

Remembering mdwatts

Mike, five years have passed since you left us far too soon. Gone but not forgotten.
    cybergal
    open mind, open source, open cars

Registered Linux User 299372 http://counter.li.org

A nice reminder for someone who has done so much for JL. He set a good example for all of us.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

Time passes so swiftly sometimes. I spent a lot of time with Mike online and toward the end came to know him well. We shared many things of which Linux being one. He helped me get started and gave me the motivation to continue until this day. He will be well remebered by me, as always.
    "I was pulled over for speeding today. The officer said, "Don't you know
    the speed limit is 55 miles an hour?" And I said, "Yes, but I wasn't going
    to be out that long."

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    COME VISIT ME IN RUSSIA NOW!!

Hard to believe it's been 5 years already. I remember him often when I am browsing the forums and when I look at some of my old posts.
    "After all you've seen, after all the evidence, why can't you believe?"

IBM Thinkpad T21
    750 Mhz P3, 128 MB PC100 RAM, CD-ROM, 10 GB IDE HDD
    Ubuntu 9.04 Minimal

I'm pretty sure he answered my first post here. Can't believe it's already been five years.

Has anyone heard from the family and how they are doing?

My rig: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P mobo || AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz || ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU cooler
    G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 PC3 12800 Memory || Nvidia GT-220 video card || LG W2253 Monitor
    HP Deskjet D4260 printer || LG GH22NS50B DVD R/W || WD1600AAJS & WD2502ABYS & Samsung HD753LJ & Seagate ST3000DM001 hard drives
    Cyberpower CP1350C UPS || Cooler Master HAF-932 Case

WARNING: Slow typer. Someone may answer the question while I'm trying to type it in. Oh, I type bad too.

thoughts...

Always read his posts while learning the OS, mostly it was over my head. By the time I needed to use what he had invested to us to use, I had the notion I had read it here. Just to check search and eliminate everyone else and get the CORRECT answer is always a gift.
    Thank you! I know you are still here and always will be as long as we carry your knowledge forward.
    5 years, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by cybergal View Post
    Mike, five years have passed since you left us far too soon. Gone but not forgotten.
    cybergal
    I barely remember him, yet where would I be without JustLinux, and where would JustLinux be without MDWatts? It comforts me that online communities honor the memories of those who made them live.

If you consider yourself to be member of this community, please consider making a provision in your will that someone should let us know of your unexpected passing. Don't just disappear on us!

I remember one of the first times I actually knew an answer and posted a fix. He mis-read my post as yet another request for the same problem and gave me a quick burst of where to go and what to do. I was scared for a while, but then I plucked up courage and posted back saying "MDWatts, what is the meaning of this reply?" I still remember it after all these years because talking back to MDWatts was a BIG thing.
    nigel
    hiroshima
    linux counter #208272