Hello

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hey, I just wanted to introduce myself. I've just joined after reading many of the articles on the site. They were so helpful I thought I'd join the forum!! I dived into linux head first and installed slackware a few weeks ago on my laptop. Probably too much too soon. So now I'm running Linux Mint on my desktop, trying to familiarize myself with bash scripting, general commands etc. I hope I'll be able to get help here if i need it, and soon enough be offering help! Talk to yas soon!

A newbie using Slackware as his first distro?! My goodness, you are a brave soul indeed.

Mint is the perfect distro for anyone new to the Linux scene. Good choice.

Welcome aboard.
    Thanks,
    Loopback48

Debian fanboy. And only Debian.

http://www.debiantutorials.org/

Good selection Slackware....when you fill a little more adept at Linux, install it again...you won't be sorry.
    "I was pulled over for speeding today. The officer said, "Don't you know
    the speed limit is 55 miles an hour?" And I said, "Yes, but I wasn't going
    to be out that long."

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    COME VISIT ME IN RUSSIA NOW!!

I agree....slackware is a good place to actually learn a bit more about linux than say Ubuntu. Slackware is more hands on and (hopefully) you can then apply what you learn to any other distro later on.

Yeh I have to say Slackware is a good choice, my main distro is Debian next to that is Slackware. Something you should do is, keep a notebook to keep a log of commands, some command will be easy to remember but you will find some will be complex. Also spend some time and learn about the package manager Slackware uses slackpkg but also has a program called pkgtool. Another good way to install programs in slack is from slackbuilds, go to www.slackbuilds.org and you can read up on it. Most of all just have fun with it.