cal 9 1752 <enter>

Thread: cal 9 1752 <enter>

cal 9 1752 <enter>

I just saw this picture on digg.com and it's true. Open a terminal in Linux, and type: cal 9 1752 <enter>

I investigated, and it is true, those days were missing in the British Empire, because that is when they adjusted the 11 extra days.

http://i.imgur.com/xn621.png

Cool! Good programming by the cal guys.

Interestingly Winblows won't let you go back past 1980...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Hee, hee. They assume the world began when MS started selling DOS?

Quote Originally Posted by irlandes View Post
    Hee, hee. They assume the world began when MS started selling DOS?
    i think i read an article that kinda put the blame on ibm for allowing m$ to take advantage on the holes in the written contract when ibm hired m$ to write a dos software for their ibm pcs...

m$ just saw the oppurtunity to market dos as another version that had m$ name stamped over it..
    Isn't it strange the onset of overheating will result in freezing?

dysharmonic
    i think i read an article that kinda put the blame on ibm for allowing m$ to take advantage on the holes in the written contract when ibm hired m$ to write a dos software for their ibm pcs...
    I'm not trying to start anything here at all, MS did not write anything for ibm, they bought the dos os from a man named Tim Patterson for like $5000.00, the os was called Q-DOS. Ms just changed the name to MS-DOS and made billions. Also the Windows program was another program that was not theirs. Windows was a program that came from the company Xerox. Ya gotta hand it to Mr. Gates and his co. tho he made billions off of others ideas.

People's Republic of North America (Former United States)
    Wasn't it QD-DOS as in Quick and Dirty DOS? That's the way I remember it but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by klackenfus; 01-28-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    I equivocate, therefore I might be.

My Linux/Unix Boxes:
    Home: Slackware 10, CentOS 5.3, RHEL 5, Ubuntu Workstation 9.10, Work: RHEL 5, CentOS 5

No it was QDOS Quick and Dirty Operating System
    Feel free to PM me for help

Using PCLinuxos 2007 on my laptop and 2009 on my Desktop and proud of it!

Desktop:
    AMD Phenom II x2 545 3GB DDR2 RAM 500GB SATA,250GB SATA, 250GB IDE, ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 DDR3
    Laptop:
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2) 2GB RAM, 160GB Sata HDD, nVidia 8600GM 512MB

Please come back and tell us if your problem is solved, it may help others, and stop us from wondering what happened.

interesting. what about copyright issues then? wouldn't have m$ infringed on copyright laws?

actually i read the above in an ebook on hardware, guess the author was on m$ payroll
    Isn't it strange the onset of overheating will result in freezing?