Deleting delay from mp3 files

Thread: Deleting delay from mp3 files

Hybrid View

Deleting delay from mp3 files

Hi all,

I have a large collection of CDs that I ripped to mp3 a few years back. I would like to go sell them to a store and get some money for them (I haven't used the physical CDs in years). The deal is that when I started ripping the CDs, the program I was using would insert a 2 second delay between songs. I would like to know if there is a program/command that I can use to remove this delay between songs. Some of them have 0 delay, so songs that fade into each other sound correct. Other albums have songs that are supposed to seamlessly fade into each other, but they don't because of this delay.

Is there any way to remove that delay between songs or do I have to re-rip the CD? Figuring out which albums have that problem and re-ripping the CD is going to take a very, very long time.
    "The author of that poem is either Homer or, if not Homer, somebody else of the same name."

Did you rip the CD into 1 giant mp3? or is each song its own file?

If each song is its own file, then your music player has the option to fade one song into the next.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor01 View Post
    The deal is that when I started ripping the CDs, the program I was using would insert a 2 second delay between songs. I would like to know if there is a program/command that I can use to remove this delay between songs.
    Well there is "audacity" this software is availabe in most distro packages. its a audio editing package.

Take a look and let me know how it goes.

Matt
    registered Linux user number 371609

SaBaYoN LiNuX DoWnLoAd NoW

Zip Ties = Reef Duck Tape

If guns kill people, then...

Pencils mis-speel...
    Cars make people drive drunk...
    Spoons make people fat...

They are all separate mp3 files for each track on the album but I just found a way to accomplish what I wanted. In iTunes there is an option to say that a track is part of a "gapless album" so I enabled that. Now it seamlessly moves from one track to the next! I should be able to update my ipod and then hopefully it will play in a gapless manner in my car as well (I have a Focus with Sync).

I don't know that this actually changes the underlying mp3 file in any manner -- it is probably just an option in iTunes that only affects how iTunes plays the file back. I'll have to see what happens if I:

- set the gapless album option in iTunes
    - copy the mp3 file over to a Linux box
    - play the file back in Amarok

If that doesn't work I'll check out the options in Amarok. If I can just fake out Amarok/iTunes/iPod (Sync) to play things in a gapless manner then that's acceptable as well.
    "The author of that poem is either Homer or, if not Homer, somebody else of the same name."