laptops in a different country (220 volt)

Thread: laptops in a different country (220 volt)

laptops in a different country (220 volt)

This is probably a stupid question but I'm heading to Cuba in a few days and was going to bring my laptop with me and was suddenly worried that the 200 volt electrical system there would force me to get a converter.

I had a look at the power adapter for the laptop and it says that input was 100 to 240 volts AC (1.5A) Should I assume that this means it can handle being plugged in to both 110 and 220 outlets without a separate converter? (I've fried a hair dryer before by not paying attention to this before.)
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
    (No trees were killed in posting this message. However, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.)
    ----------------------------------
    Debian user since Potato
    Syngin: Web Portfolio

Most modern laptops are equipped with a single power supply that can be used anywhere in the world, even for different frequencies (both 50 and 60 Hz).
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

Thanks. I was pretty sure but preferred to possibly look like an idiot rather than take a change on blowing the laptop.
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
    (No trees were killed in posting this message. However, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.)
    ----------------------------------
    Debian user since Potato
    Syngin: Web Portfolio