What is the best IRC client for UBUNTU?

Thread: What is the best IRC client for UBUNTU?

Question What is the best IRC client for UBUNTU?

Hell-o I am using Ubuntu 10.04 32bit & I like how XChat is so far. I would liek to know if there are more programs like XChat that will work on Ubuntu. When I use Windows OS I find my self using mIRC with a script www.nnscript.de for my layout.

I would not mind seeing somthinglike that for a IRC program.

Please point me to some of the programs out there. I have used irssi but I hate how I have to use it in the terminal

Thank you in advance

"I was pulled over for speeding today. The officer said, "Don't you know
    the speed limit is 55 miles an hour?" And I said, "Yes, but I wasn't going
    to be out that long."

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    COME VISIT ME IN RUSSIA NOW!!

When I first used irc with Windows, I used mIRC with the PnP ("peace and protection") script... and at one point later on, I tried running mIRC/PnP on Linux with Wine. It sort of worked, but it did crash quite a bit.

Well, that was ages ago in terms of Wine development. Back then, (I'm thinking around 2005?) I couldn't get my all time favorite Windows application, readplease to work at all on Wine, and now it works seamlessly.

So you might want to consider trying your own favorite version of mIRC on Linux with Wine. I can't promise how well it'll work, and I'm sure Ubuntu is going to give you a huge amount of native Linux options... but there it is.
    Last edited by blackbelt_jones; 07-21-2010 at 12:34 PM.

I wonder what you find not to like in Xchat? Have to say it was my fave whenever I felt the need for irc (much the same days as blackbelt I guess). In the latest release of Ubuntu there seems to be an emphasis on certain level of integration of broadcast and social networking apps - if any of these embrace irc I am unsure though see here
    In the process of arriving at Debian after seeing the light with Bucky Badger, which will date me if we ever have a Zany Zebra

Xchat is very untsable thing

What about Firefox add-on, chatzilla? It may be worth checking out.
    Them belly full but we hungry

Slack is where its at!