Letting a Debian apt repository know that this is a problem with one of their files

Thread: Letting a Debian apt repository know that this is a problem with one of their files

Letting a Debian apt repository know that this is a problem with one of their files

For most of the summer, the main Debian Apt repository I use has had a hash mismatch with a couple of their files which tends to stop apt-get upgrade in its tracks.

Failed to fetch http://debian.yorku.ca/debian/pool/m...p17-3_i386.deb Hash Sum mismatch
    Failed to fetch http://debian.yorku.ca/debian/pool/m...enny2_i386.deb Hash Sum mismatch
    E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Is there a formal route to notify the repository of this? The issue is rectified when using another repository so the issue is repository specific and not maintainer specific.
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
    (No trees were killed in posting this message. However, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.)
    ----------------------------------
    Debian user since Potato
    Syngin: Web Portfolio

I'd just pick another and use it.

Years ago I tried to use the repository at the University of California at Berkeley. Turned out to be the most unreliable repository ever.

I've used osuosl.org for years, very reliable.

I would shoot an e-mail to the debian-users list. Even if that's not the right place to report it, they'll be able to tell you who to contact in all likelihood. You can find more information here.

Aside from reporting, you may want to run apt-spy to find the fastest connection due to your physical location. I ended up getting a mirror I never heard of, but I get 1.5 MB (that is byte, not bits) dl on average which is over 4x faster than the standard ftp.us.debian.org for me.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain