Setting up IPCop & addons

Thread: Setting up IPCop & addons

Setting up IPCop & addons

I have set up IPCop 1.4.21, and it is functioning beautifully so far. I need to add a couple of addons for web filtering and things like that. Reading the "how to" for the install, I am informed that using WinSCP will let me up the file to the IPCop box and then I run a series of commands to install the addon.

Here's my problem. I run WinSCP, and have SSH access enabled on the IPCop box. All options are enabled. WinSCP can connect, but then says it is waiting for a welcome message that it never gets, and then I can't do anything, as it just hangs there. This makes it pretty difficult to up the needed files to the box to do what I need. Is there anything I'm missing, or did I maybe set up something wrong? Thanks.

OK...now I have one better. I got it all figured out, and installed URL Filter on the IPCop box. Does this program actually work? I have the Proxy enabled, and the addon enabled, and double checked the settings, and the custom blacklist is enabled, yet the URL that is in the custom blacklist still comes up. It sure seems as if the program is non-functional. Thank you again.

Well, have come to the conclusion that Linux sucks. I have had more OS crashes tonight than I've had Windows crashes in the last three YEARS. There is no stability, no support, it doesn't work. You guys haven't been any help, as evidenced by me being the only one to reply in here. Back to Windows I go. It is secure, fast, and best of all...it works!