Hello,

I need some help regarding a dual boot, could someone make these things clear for me ?
I'm going to dual boot my windows 7 pc with Linux, but if something goes wrong with Windows and it needs to reinstall or be repaired, it would overwrite my Linux installation.
So I decided to install a second hard drive for Linux. My idea is to let Windows claim the space on the 2nd disk an then making a separate partition for my Linux installation, but is it possible to fit Linux on the 2nd HDD and Windows on the 1st (moving Linux to the right of all the space) ?
If it is possible I could take out my Linux disk if Windows needs to be repaired or reinstalled, so Linux won't be overwritten. And can I rejoin those disks when the MBR is set to the default Windows MBR instead of GRUB, so my Windows is repaired and Linux rejoins Windows again, with GRUB ?
And when I decide to remove Linux (probably won't happen, but you never know), will I be able to restore Windows with another Windows 7 installation disk (it's not the one supplied with my pc, but it's a used disk with the same version of Windows) ?
And what is the best for the installation ; a DVD+RW or an USB stick ?

Thanks in advance !

~Anderson