Mandrake 7.2 - no soud when playing CD.

Thread: Mandrake 7.2 - no soud when playing CD.

Mandrake 7.2 - no soud when playing CD.

Linux boots up fine , but aumix fail during shutdown. I look in drakconfig in KDE and my sound card is listed. ESS ES1868, says its a PnP AudioDrive. I/O 210- IRQ3- DMA8 0-DMA16/2 0-OPL3 I/O 388. ( Don't know if it's right?) When I click OK under configure wizard, I get an error in modprobe call in /lib/modules ....../sb.o:insmod sound-slot-0 failed. Help trying to get my machine fully operational.

thanks

As stated in your other thread since MK 7.2 is extremely old you would have better hardware support using a current distribution.

I used Mandrake for nearly 7 years. Around the version you are talking, it was pretty much worthless. For me. Others may have had good luck.

I started with I think 6.5, and kept buying it, but after the 7.? used the free version only.

I did introduce a much later Mandrake version into Mexico City government offices, before the name change.

Now, they use I think ?Ubuntu. They did not have money for new computers but needed new functions.

They did write a lot of code for Linux to make it work. Note this was only one office where my nephew worked.

The first time they tried it, a lot of people were rebellious and uncooperative. The next time the boss had a meeting for all employees, and simply announced, "Learn to use Linux or look for another job."

By the way, if you like Mandrake and its RPM style, there is a free distro much like Mandriva. I forget its name, but a Quick Google should identify it. Or someone here may volunteer its name.

The new offshoot of Mandriva is mageia

Mandrake 7 was one of my first distro's.......it took forever to find a vid card that would run on it (S3 days)......much less boot up. I got to where I could install it with my eyes closed. 7
    "I was pulled over for speeding today. The officer said, "Don't you know
    the speed limit is 55 miles an hour?" And I said, "Yes, but I wasn't going
    to be out that long."

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    COME VISIT ME IN RUSSIA NOW!!