When Newbies Ask For Help in NEWBIES CORNER

Thread: When Newbies Ask For Help in NEWBIES CORNER

When Newbies Ask For Help in NEWBIES CORNER

I understand where you are coming from on the 2nd group .A real face palm

However there are senior members who humiliate a New Member who had only just posted his first thread to ask a question .
    Seriously I remembered when I first joined CS , there are so many sub-forum and buttons and such , its really overwhelming, give the 1 count warrior a break ....

Complaint at the first post joining a forum?
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

You have to keep in mind that these "senior members" are human beings that voluntarily take time out of their busy hectic days to hep complete total strangers.

And sometimes these newbies don't do much to help themselves...don't answer requests for additional information etc...

So it can be a frustrating experience for both parties

I agree with Steve. On the other hand I think that people create this ecosystem so is better to be the most respectful in your approach to ask and answer a question.

he is right. We should be able to ask question without being pushed around. I know the senior users have more knowledge, that's why we as a newbie joined the forum to learn more and find out more about our problem.